Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I wake up when I hear the nurse come in to check my vitals. Quinn wakes up and says "I'm gonna step out and call Jax." I nod before he kisses my cheek and walks out the door. Happy is still holding my hand. The nurse checks my vitals and leaves the room. "How are you feeling?" Happy asks. "Okay I guess." I tell him honestly. He moves to sit on the side of the bed and says takes my hand again and says "When you leave here, you'll stay at the clubhouse with us. Unser found your car and your things are already there." he tells me. I just nod. "Did you mean it?" I ask. "What baby?" he asks. "That I'm yours." I say. "Yeah. I did. Rhea, when you left, it fucked me up. I realized I needed you more than I thought. I wanted to come after you but your brother convinced me that you needed time to get your head right. Baby, I don't want you hating me. I want my girl back. I need you back." he says. I cup his face and say "Happy, I don't hate you. I could never hate you." I say as I feel the tears fall down my face. Kissing me softly he says "We'll take shit at your pace." he tells me. "Happy, I need to trust you again. That's going to take time." I tell him. Nodding, he kisses me again and says "I love you." I just nod. As much as I love him, I can't let him back in that easy.

A little later, the doctor comes in and says that they are going to release me but wanted to make sure I had somewhere safe to go. "She's staying with us." Quinn tells him and he nods. "I'll get your paperwork ready." he says. "I'll call Lyla and have her bring you something to change into." Quinn tells me. "Who's Lyla?" I ask. "She's my girl." he says and I smile at him. He steps out and about twenty minutes later, a skinny blonde walks in with a change of clothes. "Hey Rhea. I'm Lyla." she introduces herself. "You're my brother's girl?" I ask. "Yeah." she says smiling softly. I see a crow on her arm. "Who's crow?" I ask. "My late husband, Opie's." she tells me. "Oh. I'm sorry." I tell her. "I miss him but Quinn's been good to me. Showed me that I'd be okay. Helps me with the kids." she tells me. "How many do you have?" I ask while she helps me change. "Three. Piper is mine and Kenny and Ellie were Opie's but I'm all they have now." she tells me. "My brother's a good man. Take care of him." I tell her and she smiles knowing that's my way of approving of her.

After I'm changed, the nurse brings in a wheelchair and once I'm in it, Happy pushes me outside to Lyla's car. Helping me in, he leans down and kisses me. "I'm right behind you." I nod but don't say anything. Once Lyla gets in the car she asks "What's with you and Happy? If you don't mind me asking." I look at her and say "Happy and I used to be a thing and about five years ago, I caught him cheating and took off. Started seeing this guy and he started beating the shit out of me and I came looking for my brother. I guess now that I'm here, he wants to try again but I just can't trust him right now." I tell her. "I've known him for a few years. He's not the same person he was a few years ago. We all see it. Give him a chance to prove himself." she tells me. "That's what he's asked me for." I tell her. "Well, let him. But I'm here if you ever need to talk." she tells me. "Thanks Lyla. And for the record, I'm glad you're with my brother." she tells me. "So, what did you do before all the shit went down?" she asks. "Just took care of the house. I wasn't allowed to speak to anyone or leave the house. My ex worked from home and so he was there to monitor me all day. What do you do?" I ask. "I direct and produce porn for the club's porn company Redwoody." she tells me. "Really?" I ask. "Yeah. Look, once this shit is settled and they take care of the dick that did this to you, I'll talk to your brother about you coming and helping me. Being my assistant or something if you want." she tells me. "Thanks. You're being so nice to me and you don't even know me." I tell her. "You're Quinn's sister. That makes you family sweetheart. We take care of family." she tells me as she takes my hand and squeezes.

Pulling onto the Teller Morrow lot, Happy is there to help me get out of the car and settled in the clubhouse, on one of the couches and we spend the rest of the evening getting to know my new family with Happy by my side. When I'm ready to go to bed, I lay down with Happy next to me. I hear his breathing even out but I can't sleep, scared that when I go, the nightmares will start again.