Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Beep...Beep...Beep...is what I hear when I wake up. The nurse is in there taking my vitals. "Good. You're awake. Ms Jenkins, how are you feeling?" she asks. "Samcro." I rasp. "What was that sweetie?" she asks as she gets closer. "Samcro." I rasp again. "Okay. We'll contact them." she tells me before it all goes black again. Walking out to the nurse's desk, Unser is standing there. The nurse walks up and says "She woke up for a minute but all she would say was Samcro." she tells him. "I'll let them know. I'm headed that way anyway." Unser says.

Unser pulls up to the clubhouse and sees the guys standing outside. Walking up he sees Jax and the guys all come walking over. "What's up?" Jax asks as he walks up to Unser. "We had a young lady brought into St Thomas. Beaten up pretty bad. When she finally woke up for a minute all she would say was Samcro." Unser explains. The guys all look at each other confused. "What's her name?" Jax asks. "Rhea Jenkins." Unser says. Quinn and Happy look at each other and head to their bikes. "Quinn!" Jax yells as Quinn is getting on his bike. "Who is she?" Jax asks. "My sister." Quinn says before him and Happy speed off to St Thomas.

Running into the hospital, Quinn and Happy run to the front desk. "I'm looking for Rhea Jenkins. I'm her brother." Quinn says. "She's in room 413." she tells him and they take off with the rest of Samcro behind them. When they get to the room, they see a doctor coming out of the room. "How is she?" Quinn asks. "And you are?" the doctor asks. "Her brother, Rane Quinn." he says. The doctor looks at him and then the rest of the guys and says "She was dropped off outside the doors last night. Beaten up pretty bad. She has a concussion, three cracked ribs, bruised kidneys, we had to remove her spleen, and she has a broken wrist." the doctor tells them. "Shit. Is she going to be okay?" Happy asks. "She should recover fine but I need you to understand, she's going to have a long road ahead. When we ran x-rays, we could see old wounds. She's had broken ribs before. Her wrist was broken in four places. Looks like it's been broken before. Whoever did this, has apparently been doing this for a while. Look, I know who you guys are and I respect you guys. When you find whoever did this, add a little for me too, will you? My kid went through this same thing before. He deserves whatever level of hell you can send him through." the doctor says and Quinn just nods.

The entire club is sitting in my room when my eyes flutter opened. I look to the side and see Rane on one side and Happy on the other. "Rane." I rasp. "Shit, Rhea." he says before cupping my face and kissing my forehead. Happy brings over a cup of water and I take a drink. "Thanks." I say but he just nods. "What happened?" Quinn asks. "I started seeing this guy. Things were great at first but he started drinking more and started getting mad if I spoke to anyone. Started hitting me about a year ago." I tell him. "Why didn't you call me?" he asks. "He took my phone. I had no way to communicate. He was working from home so I had to wait until he left to get out. He had a meeting with a client and was going to be out a while so I took the chance and took my car and took off. Lost control of my car on the way to your clubhouse." I tell them. "We'll handle him. But right now, you need to rest.

Tomorrow, we're going to need all the intel you have on him." Quinn says. "Okay." I saw softly. "Rhea, you need to meet my brothers." he tells me and I nod. "This is Jax, Chibs, Tig, Juice, Montez, Bobby, Rat and you know Happy." he says. "Nice to meet you guys. Sorry it's under these circumstances." I say. "It's all good Darlin. We got you." Jax says and I nod my thanks. "Come on guys, let's let her get some rest. Until we find this guy, she has two patches here at all times." Jax says. "Me and Happy will take first watch." Quinn says. "You good with that Darlin?" Jax asks. "As long as he can't get to me I'm good." I tell him and he smiles softly at me. "Well, welcome to the family Sweetheart." Bobby tells me and I smile softly.

After everyone is gone, Quinn and Happy are sitting here with me and my stomach growls. "Why don't I go to the diner and get us something to eat. You got her?" he asks Hap. "Yeah brother. I got her." Happy says. Quinn leaves the room and we sit in silence for a few minutes. "Why did you leave?" Happy asks. "Hap, you know why I left." I tell him. "I know I fucked up." he tells me. "Yeah. You did." I say softly before turning away from him. Quinn walks in with dinner and we all eat in silence. Once we're done eating Happy says "I'm gonna go smoke." before walking out the door with me watching him go. "You okay?" Quinn asks. "No. Not even close." I tell him. "When are you and him going to get your heads out of your asses. You know as well as I do that you still love him." he tells me. "It's not a matter of if I still love him or not. He didn't love me enough to keep it in his pants." I tell him. About that time, Happy walks back in and none of us say anything.

I must have dozed off. I woke up crying and couldn't breathe. Happy is immediately in front of me and says "Breathe with me little girl. In. Out. In. Out. Come on baby. Concentrate on my breathing." Happy says as he cups my face making me look at him. Once my breathing is under control, he pulls me to him as the tears fall. "I got you little girl. I got you." he says as he holds me close. Kissing the top of my head, he just holds me with Quinn sitting on the side of my bed, holding my hand. Once I calm down, Happy cups my face and asks "You good?" I nod. "Talk to me." he says. "Just a nightmare. He found me and was choking me." I say. "He won't touch you again." Quinn says. I just nod. Happy turns my face to look at him and says "No one touches what's mine." he says and I just nod. Laying back down, I drift off to sleep with my brother holding one hand and Happy holding the other.