Chapter 29

We told the family about the surgery that Ian and Bèlle will do this Sunday and hoping there will be clear all of their agenda on that day so they could be here with me.

Each day closer to the surgery I feel nervous about it and Ian knows it. He keep making me sure that everything will be fine and we will come back together as a family and I don’t have anything to be afraid of.

Bèlle condition get more better and her grandparents keep her spoiled and bring her another new dolls or coloring books.

When it’s Saturday, Ian just doing his final test and also Bèlle. I keep fidgeting my finger until Ian his arms around me.

“I told you that everything will be okay.” He whispers to me.

Yes, I sleep beside him because I feel those feeling wanting to be with him closely.

“I can’t help it. You and Bèlle mean so much to me. I know both of you strong enough for this surgery but we never know—"

“Sssshhhh, you will stuck with me after I come back from the surgery.” He said to me and I can’t help but smile.

Bèlle is already sleeping with her new teddy bear. I look over at her, “She is so beautiful isn’t she ?” I asked Ian and he agree with me.

“She looks like you but she got my eyes. She is feisty and independent and smart.” Ian said again.

“Just like her father. Always said what is in her mind.”

“Typical Woods.” Ian said again and laughs softly.

I turn my body so I’m facing him. Ian looking at me with his loveable eyes and I can’t help but kiss his lips. After a second he kissed me back with a lot of passion and needs. I’m so afraid to lose this man not after Bèlle knows him as her real father.

He kissed my neck now and I try to hold my moan, I don’t want to wake up Bèlle. Slowly I pull myself from him.

“We can’t do this in here. Not when Bèlle in here and you guys will have surgery tomorrow.” I told him.

Ian kisses my lips one time then my head.

“Promise me when I come back you will be mine ?” Ian asked me quietly.

I look into his eyes.

“I’m always being yours, from the very start even four years ago I’m still yours.” I said to him.

“I need you to be with me.” He said to me again this time.

I could hear his voice got a little bit low, he is ready to going to sleep I think. I hug him towards me.

“Come back to me tomorrow and I will be with you forever. I promise.” I whispered on his ear and I know that he already sleep now from his constant breathing.

“Please just come back.” I said to him.

••••

Early in the morning, I already wake up because the nurse coming into the room and do last minute checkups. The surgery will be starting around seven and our family will be come soon because I told them that Bèlle and Ian will go to the surgery room around 6.30.

It’s around six now and I could see Bèlle who got nervous and Ian who keep make sure to Bèlle that they will do  something great together.

Bèlle has been prepared for this procedure since a week ago together with some medicine that put through her IV to prevent some side effect from it.

Willow, Clyde, and Ian’s parent who arrived first then my parents followed by Jean and to my surprised, Peter.

They are trying to encourage Bèlle mostly and talk to Ian about the procedure. Sky and Nadine come when Ian about to go do the procedure. They talk briefly and then Ian calls for me. I leave Bèlle and when I’m close to him I took his hand.

“Don’t panic, everything is fine, okay? You promise to be mine, to be with me after this together with Bèlle.” He said to me.

I nod my head. “I promise you, but you must come back to me, healthy and we will help Bèlle healed from this entire nightmare.”

“Okay. I will do my part now. Don’t cry.” He said to me.

I shook my head, “ I’m not. Just come back to me soon.” I told him and he gives me a smile.

Not long after Ian got into surgery room, the nurse start to getting ready for Bèlle. Everyone seems to give her encouragement and North promising Bèlle that he will let her play with his robot which Bèlle happy with.

I hug my baby girl when she about to go.

“Promise to mommy that you will come back and we will have vacation together with daddy, okay? You need to be healthy first.” I said to her. Bèlle nodded her eyes.

“I am strong, mommy. I will heal and we will go to the vacations with daddy.” She told me.

I nod my head and kiss her head. “I’m so proud of you.” I told her and she kiss me back.

The nurse took her to the surgery room and all of us following until we need to wait on the waiting room. We could see the information about the surgery through the LCD that showing us the surgery is already start and when it will finish. They estimated time around five hours, I hope they could do more faster than that because I can’t wait that long with my anxious feeling that keep crawling into my body.

I want to throw up but I know that is because of my nerves. We wait and for almost two hours there is nothing comes up from the surgery.

Around thirty minutes later, one of the doctor I think she is an intern comes to us and tell us that everything going just like what they planned and the procedure. Ian will be done the procedure first because they only need to take his stem cell from his back bone and after that he could star his recovery after that.

One hour passed and we could see Ian being rolled out from the surgery room into his room. Willow and Clyde go with him while our grandparents stay with me and North waiting for Bèlle.

“You guys could see Ian now, I think Bèlle will be inside for another hours.” I told them.

Ian’s mom and my mom decide to look Ian and bring North with them while I stay with my father and Ian’s father.

“Everything will be okay. Bèlle will healed and back to her normal life.” My dad told me and I can’t help but feel a little bit calm.

I always have that feeling that everything my father said is the truth and I could trust him.
Ian’s dad seems agree with dad and he took a hold of my hold.

After five hours waiting, finally Dr. White comes out and from his look he seems satisfied with the procedure.

“How is it, Doc ?” I asked him.

“Everything went really well. Ian does his great job and also Bèlle. They will bring Bèlle to her room in a minute and she will wake up maybe in two hours due to her anesthesia and from there will see the progress. We will do another test to make sure and keep watching Bèlle conditions. For the next 48 hours she will get fever and nausea. We will give her medicine to prevent infection and other side effects.” Dr.White told me all the things from post surgery.

All of us decide that we will wait for Bèlle in the room. When we got back to the room, I could see Ian is already wake up from his anesthesia.

I come to him and he seems like someone who still under heavy drug.

“Hey.” I whispered to him.

Ian knows me and he give me his smile.

“I’m back, didn’t I ?” he asked me.

I nodded my head. “You are and I’m still here.” I said to him.

He took my hand and kisses it.

“How is Bèlle ?”

“She will be here soon. The procedure going very well.” I told him. He nods his head and then decides to get back to his sleep because the he still feel drowsy.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Oh I'm so emotional writing this part!

Ian being a hero for Bèlle is everything 😭😭

By the way, Thank you for your support towards my story, it means so much to me 😘😘

Please don't forget to add Two Hearts and One Life into your library and DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT,  AND SHARE THIS STORY!!

Until then,
Love ♡♡♡
M.F
Xoxoxxooxo