Chapter 8

“Ms. Wolfs, you will have a meeting in ten minutes and I got a phone call from Mr. Woods, he asked me to make an appointment to meet you this lunch.” Said my secretary.

I look at my secretary before nodding my head and focusing back to my document. I’ve got a couple of document and new contract that I need to review before I accept it. There will be a huge project also and about to start but there will be need more meeting to make sure everything are ready.

Today is the very first time for me for going back to taking over a meeting and I don’t know what to expect except anything but the best. I hope that I still have my ability to lead the meeting and make a decision.

“I will try to review the report after this meeting as soon as I can. So far, I really like what everyone said to me. The prospect really makes me excited to start this project and however, I also want to tell you before that when this project is on the process, I would like to put some of my representation on it.” I said again and the other party seems agree with my request.

Guess that I still have my ability then.

After done with everything, I asked my secretary to send the report as soon as she can, so I could start to review the project and give it to my dad.

I just coming back from meeting room when I look at my office door opened. I look around but there is no one in here, how can? I shook my head and start to see who is inside my office.
I could see someone, well, a man sitting on my chair and playing with my pen.

Ian.

I exhaled my breath before I get inside and slamming my door. I could see his smirk but I won’t get swoon over that smirk again, not anymore.

“What do you want, Mr. Woods?” I asked him formally.

I know that Ian hate it when I become so formal to him but hey, we are no more than a business partner now.

Yeah, and Belle’s father.

I shook my head slightly and looking back at Ian who looking back at me with his cold eyes.

“I believe that we have a lunch date, Ms.Wolfs.” he said confidently.

I can’t help but snort at him, “Did we? Last time I checked, I don’t make any appointment with some ass.” I said again and take a step towards him.

He arched his eyebrow, “Why we become a stranger suddenly? You used to scream my name, Ms. Wolfs. So….loud.” he whisper again.

This time I push him away from me, “You don’t have any rights to say those kinds of things.” I talked to him and turn my body so I could see the view from my office.

I could sense Ian standing so close behind me. I hate this situation because I can’t control my hormone. Not when he is so close to me.

“I do still have those rights. We never say anything that indicating that our relationship is over. Not at all.” Said him to me.

I closed my eyes, “Me leaving you for the last four years is enough to make a statement that we are over.”

Our moment got interrupt when I see Peter comes towards my office. I, once again pushing Ian away from me and meeting Peter half way and hug him really tight.

“Hey, sorry, I don’t know you have a guest.” Peter said to me but I shook my head,”No, we are done.

It’s just….business.” I said coldly while I look at Ian.

Ian this time took his step towards me and Peter, "You are indeed interrupting our important meeting here...Ian Woods, by the way. Ms. Wolfs boyfri----"

“Peter, this is Ian Woods, CEO of Woods Enterprise. And Mr. Woods, this is Peter Harrison.” I cut Ian and decide it’s better if I’m the one who introducing both of them.

I could see Peter get curious with Ian but I prayed to God to make him oblivious only for this time.

Peter smile widely and offering Ian his hand to shake which only got a glare from Ian.

“That’s…rude but I could understand.” Said Peter sarcastically. I can’t help but hold Peter’s arm.

“So did you already have your lunch?” Peter asked me this time.

I shook my head no, “No, but we could have lunch together?”

“You have a lunch date with me.”

Peter and I now looked at Ian who raised his eyebrow. I shook my head, “No, Mr. Woods. Your appointment must have been move to another day. I’m sorry.” I said to him and took my handbag before I linked my hands with Peter’s.

“You know I could do more than this Irène to finish everything that we have.”

I exhale my breath, “Like I always said, Mr. Woods. Our business is already done. Don’t you try to finish something that clearly not there. It’s……worthless. Won’t change anything…at all.” I said to him and dragging Peter with me.

Oh my god I know I just put more gasoline to the flames and now I need to make sure that Peter will be willing enough to help me with Ian issues.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Another chapter for my readers, Chapter 8 is up!

Thank you once again to every single one of you who already read Two Hearts & One Life and wait patiently for an update. I will update more often and you guys will love Irène and Ian's love story 😁

Please don't forget to add Two Hearts & One Life to your library and DON'T FORGET TO VOTE,COMMENT, AND SHARE!

Until then,
Love ♡♡♡
M.F
Xoxoxoxoxo