Hobi pulls out his phone.

Taehyung...

"Hobi?"

"Hey... Jimin and I went on a date and we saw Jungkook and Gracie together so I was wondering if you could come over to talk to him?"

"Does he not want to talk to you?"

"It's not that, it's just... I'm a big dumb alpha and you understand omega stuff..."

"I'll be there as soon as possible, but I need to bring Yoongi. He's oddly clingy..."

"Okay."

call ended

~

Tae shows up a minute later. Yoongi is clinging to him. Hoseok chuckles. "You weren't kidding."

"I wish I was. I've had no alone time for a few weeks... Anyways, where's the damsel in distress?"

"In my room. He said it smells like me in there and it's comforting even though he could literally hug the real thing." He motions to himself.

Taehyung laughs. He looks over his shoulder and Yoongi kisses him. "Can I talk to Jimin alone for a bit? Please?"

Yoongi growls but let's him go. He crosses his arms and frowns at the emptiness.

The two alphas silently stand in the living room as whispers flood from the bedroom. Hoseok clears his throat. "So... You're mated?"

"Yeah...."

"What's been up with you for the past month? Tae says you've been clingy."

"I heard. I was listening to the phone call too."

"That didn't answer my question."

"I don't know... He just. Feels different. I don't know how to explain it. I need to protect him but like x10. I can't really explain it."

"Interesting... Has his scent changed?"

"Well, of course he smells like Pine because of me, but he's more of a mint chocolate chip ice cream now."

Hobi freezes. "Ice cream?"

"Yeah. Weird, huh?"

"Yeah... So weird..." He gulps but decides to stay silent. He'll figure it out eventually.

Yoongi checks his watch and taps his foot. "He's been in there for 5 minutes. Too long. I can't allow this."

"Jimin is a wreck right now. Let Tae help him."

"He was so freaked out after you called. He was running around trying to think of ways to help him while chanting 'my poor baby Jiminie' over and over again."

"Haha. Sounds like motherly instincts to me..." Hobi bites his tongue. He shouldn't have said that.

Yoongi pivots on his heel. "Repeat that."

"... Motherly.... Instincts..."

"Are you trying to say.... No. You're wrong. It's just a joke. Haha. So funny."

Yoongi taps his foot faster.

For about 10 seconds.

"Okay alone time is up." He walks into the room.

Jimin is crying into his hands as Taehyung comforts him. Tae looks up and grins. "Hey Yoongs."

Yoongi slides behind him and hugs him. Jimin takes a deep breath and wipes his face. He slowly relaxes.

He watches them.

Tae focuses on Jimin until he notices Yoongi gently rubbing his stomach. He looks down and then over his shoulder. "Uhhhh, whatcha doin there, bud?"

Yoongi pats Tae's tummy and mumbles, "nothing."

Tae looks down and Yoongi's hands and gulps. Then he looks at Jimin with wide eyes. "I think we need to go. I need to talk to Yoongi."

Jimin smiles and nods. He can see what's going on. "Thanks for the help, Tae."

He sighs with envy as he watches them leave. Then he sees Hobi peeking in the doorway. "Hey baby... I'm going out to the store for a second. You can take a nap and I'll be right back, okay?"