Here We Go Again. *Epilogue*

Začít od začátku

With a sigh, I climbed carefully into the car, fully aware of Damien keeping an eye on me through the living room window. 

"When you're here, buddy, I'm gonna be so glad." I whispered to the bump, rubbing it affectionately. 

I started the car and drove off towards the meeting place where I was picking up the kids. 

- Codie's POV - 

"I can't believe you're making me do this." I muttered, sitting on my suitcase on the side of the road waiting for them to pick us up. 

"Well, it's either this, or in the gutter until Dad gets back from Florida. Your choice, Codes." Warren snapped. 

"I'd rather stay in the gutter." I mumbled, mostly to myself. 

"What?" He demanded. 

"Nothing!" I growled. "When are they getting here?" 

"Soon, be patient, young one!" 

"I'm a few minutes younger than you, douche-bag." I replied, glaring at his back. Oh yeah, in case I haven't mentioned, Warren and I are nonidentical twins, and he's the older one. 

"Whatever, little sister." He waved me off, staring up and down the road for any signs of a car. 

"I don't think they're coming." 

"They'll be here. They promised." 

"Warren, what is it with you and these vamps anyway?" 

"They aren't as bad as Mom makes them out to be. They're actually really nice people." 

"Warren, they're vampires. What is it that you don't understand about that?" 

"How you think you have the right to judge them, being what we are." He snapped, turning to glare at me. "Look, if you don't want to stay with me, then fine, go beg Mom for her forgiveness, she what I care." 

"I'm not leaving you, Warren." I sighed, rolling my eyes. 

"Well, there's no going back now." He mumbled, pointing down the road. "They're here." 

Following his finger, I noticed a sleek, black car, making it's way up the road towards us. I couldn't see who was driving, so I shrugged it off and stood up. 

"Let's get this over with." I muttered. 

"Hey Izzy." Warren greeted the driver easily as she wound the window down. 

"Hey Warren, is everything okay? You sounded kinda pissed on the phone." She frowned.