Here We Go Again. *Epilogue*

Start from the beginning

"Warry!" I grinned, jumping off of the bed and running over to hug my older brother. 

"Hey, Codes. How's it going?" He asked, ruffling my hair. 

"Good, then you came home." I frowned, trying to flatten my scraggy hair. 

"Ouch, sis, that hurt." He clutched his heart, faking pain. 

"Shove it." I laughed, gently shoving his shoulder. 

"Whatever, Codes." He grinned, walking further into the room. 

"Haha." I mumbled, humorlessly, resuming my position on the bed. 

"You know you missed me, sis." He teased, standing in the centre of the room. 

"Whatever." I grumbled, crossing my arms across my chest. 

"Are you two done?" Mom snapped. 

"Yes." We both murmured at the same time, looking at the floor. 

"Good." She replied, standing up beside Warren. "Now, how did it go Warren?" 

"Well, his family are vampires, so it's kind of hard to get to them. And her family are out of the country at the minute." He shrugged. 

"Warren, Codie, I asked you both to do one thing." Mom started, her eyes closed. "And neither have you have done it. How is it so hard?!"

"Mom, this isn't our fight, it's yours. So why are we doing your dirty work?" Warren growled, mirroring my statement from earlier. 

"You're my children, you're supposed to help me." She snapped back, glaring at her son. I stayed quiet on the bed, choosing to stay out of their little argument. 

"Yeah? Well you're our mother, you're supposed to keep us out of trouble and danger, but look what you're doing, pushing us right in at the deep end to both of those." 

Watching this exchange, I had to wonder why my Mom hadn't backed down. Even though Warren would never hit a woman, he was kind of intimidating, with his dark black hair, piercing green eyes, and sharp features. No one ever messed with me anywhere, as Warren was like my body-guard, and with his muscles, its hard not to flinch away in fear from him. 

"I am protecting you! Getting rid of those creatures will ensure a good life, for not only us, but for the whole world!" She cried dramatically, throwing her arms into the air. I rolled my eyes at her. 

"How is this protecting us, Mother? You're putting us in more danger by sending us closer to them! Why can't you just let it go?" Warren pleaded.

"If that's how you both feel, then fine." She sighed, looking at both of us in turn. "Pack your things, leave and don't ever come back."