Chapter 3: Stranger

Your Point of View

THE CLASSES ended like a flash.

There is not much that happened in school today. No new lessons, homeworks, agreements or anything.
Just the typical way on how the first day of school should be done.

The teachers introduced themselves, told what they expect from us students, jolted down some additional requirements to be brought, and other necessary things that we should know about them.

But then of course, I already knew what was going in their heads right even before they entered the room.

You can call me a cheater or whatsoever I don't mind, but I took advantage of what I've heard from them. I already listed everything they wanted from us; from the materials we should bring, to the rules and regulations we must remember during classes, I prepared it all.

But don't blame me, I was cursed with this without my permission. So why wouldn't I use it's benefits that could actually make my life easier?

Just as I said before, I never wanted something like this. I want a normal life, but I've got no choice but to bring this bad luck with me everywhere I intend to go.

Still, I know my limits. I would only use this ability of mine for good purposes and not for evil deeds.

I mean, imagine. I could've blackmailed everyone to get everything what I want by telling them I know some of their dirtiest secrets. But I never did that.

Come to think of how powerful I could be. With this power I have, I can even rule the world if I want to. I had choices, but I chose to do my own thing. I decided to keep myself in the dark.

I have dreams. I never let anything get the best of me. Not even this curse.

I wasn't that of a bad person, was I?

I went home today earlier than I usually do. Instead of doing my habit of going straight to the library, I decided to return to my bike and go back to the two-storey apartment I currently live in.

I didn't want to see again that guy I couldn't read. It makes me feel uncomfortable and somehow, terrified to see even his shadow.

I parked my bike outside the building and ran upstairs at the end of the hallways after passing by the guards who looks after every single person who goes in and out in this division.

The guards already knew who I was the moment I made myself in, so they didn't stop me anymore.

Every unit here can accommodate at least three people. But since my dad is filthy rich and he didn't want any more to think I was a freak, he paid the rent thrice its original price that the owner of the apartment couldn't resist.

Even if what he did is quite offending, I'm still thankful for what he did.

Now, this whole unit is all mine, and not a single soul would bother to interfere with my business.

I went in my place.

The first thing you'll probably notice after entering is the clean living room, where the couches are at the middle. At the back you'll see the kitchen beside the small bathroom, and two bedroom doors on opposite sides of the wall.

Both rooms are quite big to carry one person, so I decided to only use the bedroom on the left side while the other room is completely empty.

I never touched that unoccupied room ever since I moved in. I would only come inside it whenever every month when I have to clean it, and nothing more aside from that.