Prologue

Your Point of View

I AM a telepath.

I can read a person's mind. I can tell what's going on inside people's heads.

And you know what? Earning this curse was the worst thing that happened in my life.

Most people would think that having an extraordinary power is cool and amazing that they wish they could have one, because with it, they can do one thing everyone else can not.

Majority would want to have one for different reasons; they might want to be powerful like no one else or they might want to be unique and famous so that people would kneel before them.

But let me tell you this; please change your mindset, because in reality, there's no fun having a rare ability at all. For me, it's no power.

The truth was, this power itself turned my whole life into a living hell.

To be honest, I feel so envious with people who can live their lives normally and peacefully.

Unlike them, I was a total mess.

Really, if could only transfer or remove this insanity I have right here, I already did it before.

If someone wanted a power like this, I would gladly give this curse to them.

But unfortunately, I can't. Sounds pity but, I don't even know how I got this kind of power. I was born this way, and I genuinely wished I wasn't.

Sometimes, I ask myself; why must I have to experience this kind of life?

Every day, I would have to receive countless voices, endlessly entering my mind. I've got no choice.

No matter how hard I try to cover my ears and find a way to get rid of the voices, I couldn't resist them. I was never able to stop them. It's like there's nothing I could do to end it.

It's so hard to live like this.

People would think I was crazy, people would think I was damn lunatic because I can point out what they were thinking even though they're not spitting anything about it.

I feel like I'm far different from them. I feel like I'm no longer human, for they never treated me that way.

Even though they're saying nothing.

Some days, I would consider what they were thinking. Even though they won't spit it out, I can tell.

She is a freak, they would think.

Everytime I get near to them, everytime I try to open up to them, it's like they would never give me a chance.

All of them hated me because of what they think I was. It's like no one would accept a human being like me.

Because before I could even have a conversation with them, I already knew their ulterior motives. I already knew what their real intentions were.

No matter how good they are acting as if they're not afraid of me or hate me, my mind would still let me know much they despise me as a person. Some even wants me dead.

But no, I won't ever commit suicide just because they want me dead. I never attempted to. I can't just waste my life just because of what people think of me. I also have my own dreams. I can't just let them get the best of me.

That is why after fourteen years of living, I never stopped fighting. I at least want to achieve my goals before I die.

I am a telepath. Though I couldn't do anything to change what I was,