"I guess..." Dan crossed his arms, trying to emulate the feelings of comfort. He reclined slightly on the futon, dragging his eyes across the girl's apartment. There were various garments and belongings scattered across the room, no doubt belonging to the foreign 'guest'. Judging by the state of the bed that the boys placed (Y/N) in last night, it was safe to assume that her room was in use by Hailey, the mess uncharacteristic to (Y/N)'s nature. When they sat on the futon, the boys could immediately tell that it had been home to their friend these past few days, a dinky pillow and pathetic excuse for a blanket folded at the ends. This small detail was enough to send Dan into a quiet rage.

Dan uncrossed his arms, trying to find comfort in placing his hand in his pockets. The cool exterior of metal pricked at Dan's fingers, reminding him that he was in possession of (Y/N)'s house keys. "You don't think she'll be mad that we came to her house uninvited?" He nervously fiddled with the keys, causing them to jingle together. When the boys were deciding where to bring (Y/N) that was safe, they settled on bringing her back home, believing that the familiar surroundings of home would be best for her recovery. Thankfully she still had her coat when they found her, the clothing having been thrown to the side of the alley during her escape. Yet when they saw that her home had been completely overthrown by her guest, Dan wondered if it would have been better to bring her back to their place instead. Besides, Dan didn't mind if (Y/N) used his bed for recovery. Not in the slightest.

In response to Dan's question, Phil simply shook his head. "I don't think she'll mind. She's always welcomed us to come over, just like we do. She's mentioned on multiple occasions that we could come over whenever. That rule should still stand... hopefully."

Dan gave a hollow grunt, choosing to believe that they would be okay for now. Looking down at his phone Dan sighed with how slow time was going. Ever since they found (Y/N) last night they had been without sleep, continuously monitoring their friend for any sign of waking. Hours had gone by and still there was nothing. Even with Phil's reassuring words, they couldn't stop the worried mess that danced throughout Dan's stomach. "I'm going to go check on her again."

Phil said nothing as Dan picked himself off the couch, slowly moving himself towards the slightly open door of (Y/N)'s room. Dan gently pushed the door open, the image of (Y/N)'s sleeping figure coming into view. Dan held his breath without thinking, an involuntary action whenever he entered her room. He was so determined to stay quiet that sometimes he forgot to breathe. Dan approached her bed quietly, carrying himself with masterful stealth. He even made sure to stay clear of the laundry thrown about her room. Looking at the scandalous underwear that littered her bedroom floor it was safe to assume that it all belonged to Hailey, the erotic fabrics an accurate representation of the descriptions (Y/N) told about her friend. Any time he laid eyes on the clothes, Dan felt bitter resentment build within his chest.

Bringing his eyes upwards, Dan gazed upon the sleeping figure of (Y/N), a wave of conflicting emotions bombarding him all at once. As he watched her sleep peacefully, his heart fluttered with the same beats as a butterfly's wings. Yet her sleeping state was a constant reminder of what had happened to her, the sharp reality like an ice pick to his gut. While he was relieved to have her safe and away from harm, things could have easily turned sour within a second, her life taken by a fate most cruel. Dan could feel his stomach turn whenever he thought about this, the queeziness enough to bring him to his knees.

Dan slumped down to the floor, resting his head against the side of (Y/N)'s soft bed. He let out a thin sigh, cautious of the amount of noise he produced. He brought his legs to his chest, resting his head against his knees as he let his eyes drift throughout her room. He had never been in her room until today, the cozy space a mystery until now. (Y/N) had a vast collection of books, some of which were no doubt academics for school. She had a medium sized desk in the corner of the room, a tiny desk lamp shoved to the end of the table. She had her laptop and various other papers neatly placed on the desk's surface, creating a designated spot for each object.