||79||

3rd Person PoV

In the forest, y/n walked around looking for the two people she just threw in this direction.

Kota noticed her and told Drayton to stay low for a moment, they observed the new form they were looking at.

Drayton has fought with snowflake guardians for years, he'd seen them in the guardian mode but this is the first time he's seen one do the guardian mode twice and double her appearance, strengths, speed. But it just means her blind spot would be more open and easier to hit.

"Catch her wings and we can take her down," Drayton whispered to Kota who was silently pulling chains out of his bag. He nodded and moved around.

Jumping out of the bushes, Kota threw the chains at y/n, they instantly wrapped around her wings causing her to jerk back and yelp out, her hands trying to untangle the chains as Kota just pulled on them, tightening them with a smirk of success on his face.

Drayton jumped out bushes and slashed his blades at y/n's head, he was certain he'd cut her head off when he landed but instead of heading a thud of the head hitting the floor or the sight of blood on his blades, a poof was heard and dozens of little snowflakes appeared and floated to the ground.

"Snow clone?!" Drayton exclaimed through gritted teeth as the two of them searched around them attentively for the girl they thought they finally caught.

"For people who're supposed to be one with the shadows, you're not too good at your gift are you?" they heard y/n's voice and then the sound of cracking and clicking. They looked down to see ice spreading around the ground and capturing their feet.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be master hinders, or something?" y/n asked, stepping into view from a shadow of a tree. Her shadow mark was glowing at the sight of shadow hunters. Kota smirked at it and Drayton gasped.

"You unlocked your shadow?" Drayton asked, y/n shook her head and shrugged.

"I met Kota in an alleyway and ever since my left eye has had a red ring and my arm has had this mark," y/n told him, both her shadow and snowflake mark were glowing because Zethran was in the leaf village and then these guys were in front of her.

Even though the snowflake makr actually goes up to her eyebrow and her shadow mark only goes to her elbow, the shadow mark glowed brighter and actually make her arm tingle a little bit.

"I'll let you go if you agree to leave and never return," she tells them, trying to bargain their life for freedom but failed miserably.

"Psh-- I have my successor trained to take over for me if I die. I won't leave unless I have no choice," Kota hissed at her before disappearing and then appearing behind her with his sword pressed up against her spine.

"You're becoming a pain in my ass," y/n growled at the boy behind her, he just laughed.

"You're clan have always been a pain in our asses," he says lowly. Drayton was just smiling at the kid, proud that he managed to get out of the ice so easily.

"You're finished, f/n l/n, just give up now," Drayton announced causing y/n to shoot him a cold glare and shake her head.

"You're forgetting one thing," she says before forcing her wings back, knocking Kota roughly against the tree behind them and forcing him to hit his head against the bark with a loud thud.

"Kota!"

Shikamaru's PoV

"Man what happened here?" I asked, holding my ankle after kicking a slab of cement off it.

Looking around I see the whole village seemed to have been pushed away from a large circle in the centre of the village that had been turned into a massive crater. My father approached me and the decoding lady which rubbing his wrists.

"You OK, Shikamaru?" he asked, I looked up at him.

"Well I'm still alive, although, I think my leg is broken," I replied, leaning against Lady Katsuyu who was behind me.

"And I think you should count yourself lucky if that's all you suffered from that attack," dad replied, one eye was shut showing he was wincing but trying to make it look less like he was.

"The thing is, frankly, Shikamaru was trying to protect me," Shiho says, "and...he got hurt.."

Her voice was cracking like she was about to cry.

"Alright now, it's not the time or place for tears," I told her sternly, "they possess a jutsu this powerful but didn't use it when they first attacked the village... They definitely had a purpose of coming here, they either were failing to fulfill the purpose or they managed to complete the purpose so they changed their approach of attack. From gorilla hit and run tactics to just one massive attack on the village as a whole."

"But who are they?" Shiho asked, tears going down her cheeks involuntarily.

"Well it's someone who can do this much damage to the Leaf Village and all I can think of is the Akatsuki," I said before a terrible feeling started sitting in my gut.

"I agree and that means their target must be..." my dad trailed off.

"Yeah Naruto Uzumaki and if they know y/n is still alive, her as well," I said, gritting my teeth in worry as I realise I don't know where she is or how much she's hurt, if she's hurt at all, that is.

"Seriously? Naruto and y/n?" Shiho repeated in disbelief. I just nodded.

"I surely wouldn't survive very long if I relied purely on luck, but I was lucky to survive that. Don't both crying, just hope we don't get hit by another attack," I told Shiho, averting my gaze when she starts blushing again like she had been during the decoding, "I hope y/n is safe somewhere."

"Don't worry about her. She'll be fine. I promise," dad told me, "you'll be able to hold her again soon. I'm positive."