||99||

"Hello everyone," I greeted the l/n clan who were all sat, looking up at where I was stood. I sighed. I just want to go back upstairs and stay with Shikamaru.

"I'm sorry but I have to break the news that the annoying original snowflake guardians want me to start forcing the jutsu to trigger," I announced, everyone gasped, "this is because, we need everyone to be able to fight. If they don't then we won't survive. I will tell you the truth. We won't be fighting in the fourth shinobi war, or at least not for long."

"What does that mean?" Teo asked.

"Let me finish, Teo," I sighed, shaking my head, "We will be fighting in the Guardian war. Snowflake guardians against the shadow guardians. They have guardians numbering between 70 people to just under 100. We have 8, including myself. They still have over 500 people who live in the clan and we have a little over 100 or 150. We're so small compared to them and we will not be able to survive if we don't get the kekkei genkai triggered and quickly so... I don't want to do it, I hate the idea of having to do it, but I'm going to use ice pull jutsu on anyone over 10 and older who has not found their trigger yet."

No one protested.

No one shouted.

They all just nodded.

Determination showing in their faces.

"Then, the snowflake guardians and anyone who can use their ice at a high standard will work hard to train anyone who is lacking in the ice manipulation. Then I shall be appointing many to become snowflake guardians," I continued, "that'll be all. I'll start using the jutsu tomorrow afternoon, starting from the first child who I saw while trying to find their trigger."

I saw the child freeze but nod robitically.

"You're all dismissed," I announced before turning around and leaving.

Well there wasn't an uproar so that's a good thing, I suppose. Now... I looked at the sky... Time for that 'girls only' night out thing that Tenten wants me at.

This is kind of stupid but it might prove to be entertaining.

°❄️°

"Wow! Y/n you look dead!" Sakura commented on my appearance. I glared at her.

"Sorry, Sakura, not all of us or privileged to not be the Head of a family," I said annoyed. Tenten just waved her hands around nervously.

"I think you loon wonderful, y/n !" she tried to smooth out the situation, I just sighed. Around this table of six was:
Sakura, Ino, Tenten
Shiho, myself and Hinata

Even though it was girls only, the boys were on the table across the hall from us. Choji, Shikamaru, Lee, Shino, Kiba and Neji.

"did you ladies decide on drinks?" Tenten asked, we all nodded and she leaned around the partition, "excuse me but we're ready to order!"

I zoned out as the waitress took our orders. For a while it was just silent until the food and drinks were brought down.

"Here's to us!" Tenten smiled, everyone smiled and I forced myself too as we all clinked our glasses together.

"Cheers," we said in unison.

"So why are we all getting together?" Ino asked.

"Good question," I nodded, "though I am thankful. I don't think I can look at another piece of paper ever again."

"Exactly because of that. Everyone's been so busy with getting ready for the war, I felt that we needed some stress relief," Tenten replied as she started cooking the food.

I sighed.

"Yeah all of us need to unwind. Especially y/n," Sakura agreed.

"Hey! Why especially me?!" I asked loudly, "did I just come here to be tag teamed all night?"

"No no no!" Shiho protested quickly, "you just looked so stressed, not only that but no one's seen you for the past week and a bit and the face that when we do see you, Tenten says you have a massive stack of paper work in your arms."

"Y-you're over working y-yourself," Hinata whispers, I peer over at her. There's something bothering her as well. I'll ask about it later.

"Whatever," I groaned, "get get cooking. I'm starving!"

"Frankly I'm happy to be invited here tonight but how exactly does everyone know each other?" Shiho asked curiously.

"That's funny, why do we always end up hanging out with each other anyway?" Tenten asked. That was a good question.

"Maybe it's because we all took the chunin exams together?" Sakura suggested. I noticed Hinata seem to stagger a bit in her movements a bit. There's something wrong with her.

"Oh yes that's it!" ino nodded.

"Yeah. We're basically classmates or whatever," Tenten agreed.

"Well considering me, Ino, Sakura and Hinata actually were classmates..." I trailed off, "though I don't know who you are..."

"I'm in Shiho from the decryption unit," she introduced herself.

"f/n l/n, its a pleasure... I guess," I nodded at her curtly. Watching hinata hesitate again.

I think I should speak to her now rather than later. Something is really bothering her.

"Hina--" I was interrupted by Ino and Sakura.

"Boy the chunin exams, you were such a nuisance back then," ino glared at Sakura.

"You're sure one to talk," Sakura replied as they both got up close and personal on each others personal spaces before bursting out laughing. I sighed.

They started taking about the chunin exams and how they were stopped because we were attacked. Then about how none of us have really left because we can still get together, making our generation of ninja superior to others.

I don't really get that to be honest.

"Yeah you're right, the only person who's gone is Sasuke," Tenten commented, Sakura instantly fell into a slump, "Oh boy I guess I shouldn't have said that."

I looked at Hinata again as Tenten sighed.

"Oh great, now they're both depressed," she muttered.

"That isn't true! I'm not depressed!" both Hinata and Sakura both shouted at her in unison.

"Could've fooled me," I said sarcastically as Hinata hesitated again and fell shy.

"I'm glad..." she mumbled, "glad that I took the chunin exams."

"You lost to Neji but you gave it your all. That's all that matters!" Tenten shot back with a shy. Hinata's face fell into a light blush, oh hoh, I know who she's thinking about.

"It's only because he cheered me on back then. It's because Naruto supported me that I could do my best!" she said happily.

"Oh Naruto. He was unpredictable even back then, who knew he'd become the village hero one day..." Ino trailed off, her comment earing a chorus of yeses.

"And this time, it's now our turn to protect Naruto," Sakura said.

"But that kid can still be a grade A idiot though," Ino commented.

"Yeah I know!" Sakura laughed and nodded along before looking at the food, "these look about ready to eat now!"

"Finally, I'm withering away over here," I sighed.

"Let's eat!" Hinata smiled as we started picking food off the barbecue bars.

"I see you've found your appetite now!" Tenten smiled at Hinata who just nodded and said she needs to eat to get strong.