||85||

I have made it so the village is actually finished being repaired faster than it was in the anime so don't get too confused when it gets to the five kage summit and Danzo disappears at that point.

--------------------------

It's been a month.

One whole month of sleeping on the floor in sleeping bags and blankets.

And now. Now I'm looking at a village that I recognise.

The carpenters and the l/n clan both had the village built up within a single month. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed, because I was incredibly impressed.

"I'm home!" I shouted as I entered a house identical to my old one and happily ran around before sitting in the middle of the living room and just breathing in the scent of fresh wood and the light summer air along with the mix of the trees and plants out in the back garden (which is bigger than the last one, may I just say).

"You look happy to be back," Shikamaru was stood in the doorway, leaning on the side post. I nodded and laid on my back and stared up at the wooden ceiling.

"I'm incredibly happy," I told him, I heard shuffling and then watched as he laid down next to me.

"Weird how it looks identical to the old house, right?" he asked, I shook my head.

"Nah, the l/n carpenters knew the layouts of all the l/n houses in and out so they built them how they have always known them to be," I replied, "what I do find weird is how empty it is. I mean sure the furniture is missing, but for some reason after sharing a tent with Kurenai for so long, I suddenly don't want to be alone again."

Shikamaru sat up and crossed his legs before looking down at me.

"Why don't I move in then?" he asked extremely seriously, "then you won't be alone and I won't be alone. I sure don't want to go back to staying in a small apartment alone. Also after that evening I don't feel comfortable leaving my girlfriend alone in the night."

"You have weird motives Mr Nara," I told him before looking away, "but sure. You might as well move in."

It was silent but then I saw Shikamaru's face creep into my view causing me to cover my face with my hands.

"You're too cute," he whispers before pulling me up and hugging me.

"You're both too cute," Zyra's voice chimed in, I peeked over Shikamaru's shoulder to see her, Kye, Aunt Mina, Uncle Sora and Zak in the doorway.

"I agree, now how would Zethran react to this, hm?" Kye asked nodding at his amusement. Shikamaru just stood up and pulled me up to my feet.

"So you guys are really staying here?" Shikamaru asked, they all nodded.

"I spoke nothing but the truth last month," Sora told us, "meaning, y/n it's time to step up your game a little bit."

"I know what you mean but I don't even know where to start," I sighed, running my fingers through my hair and creating an ice stool so I could sit down.

"Why not ask Hinata or Neji?" Shikamaru asked, "Hinata was trained for a long time to be Head of House and Neji is so smart I'm sure he just knows what to do."

I pondered on the thought but shrugged.

"I don't know, I need to think in it," I replied before standing and getting rid of the stool, "first I need to furnish my house."

"Well we'll leave you to do that then," Mina said with a smile, then they all left, leaving just me and Shikamaru.

"So how exactly are we going to furnish?" he asked, I smiled and just threw my arm out, ice covering every inch of the house.

"What're you doing?" he asked skeptically, "we can't live on ice."

"I know that!" I explaimed before clicking my fingers and the ice disappeared, in replace was furniture. Now my house looked exactly like it used to. I smiled and threw myself onto my sofa and let out a sigh of satisfaction.

"Come on, let's go out," Shikamaru says, grabbing my hand and pulling me of the sofa.

"Let me lock the scroll away first," I told him before going to the trap door in the floor and going down the stairs and pulling the scroll out my bag. I placed it inside of a dozen barriers and then went back upstairs, another barrier on the trap door, cover with mat and then go outside and place a ton more barriers around the whole house.

"Paranoid much?" Zethran asked as he stopped on the street and watched me.

"Dude, you don't even understand the half of it," I replied before grabbing Shikamaru's hand and allowing him to lead me wherever the hell he wanted to lead me until we stopped in front of the K.I.A stone.

"Good afternoon f/n and m/n," Shikamaru spoke.

"Good afternoon, mum and dad," I also greeted the thought and we knelt down beside each other before telling them everything that has happened. Including the fact Tsunade still hasn't woken up and we're still suffering under Danzo.

"See you later," I say, standing up and stretching.

"Goodbye, sir, ma'am," Shikamaru said, standing and joining me, grabbing my hand and we just started walking.

"It's weird how normal the village looks even though we've only just moved back into it properly," Shikamaru commented as we walked through the streets to see shop keeps putting their signs up and setting up their contents. We watched as children ran around and their parents walked behind them. Ninja just casually jumped from roof to roof or walked along the streets.

"It is a bit strange isn't it?" I agreed. It was like the whole Pain disaster didn't happen at all.

"I want you to do something for me," Shikamaru says, I looked at him curiously, "I know that you won't stop watching the Akatsuki closely but please, don't engage with them like you did with Master Jiraiya ever again."

I smiled at him.

"I'll take a squad with me," I assured him and he smiled back down at me before we reached the Nara compound. I think he lead us here unconsciously because he technically had moved back in during the last few weeks of actually having homes.

"Shikamaru? Y/n?" Shikaku appeared beside us and looked at us weirdly before he smiled, "come on in."