||14||

"Well done, both of you on becoming genin!" Shikaku, Yoshino and my father exclaimed as me and Shikamaru sat down at the dining table.

This evening the Nara's were visiting our house for a "dinner party" to celebrate mine and Shikamaru's passing.

"Yeah... thanks," we both mumbled before we started eating.

"I'm dying to know, who's your sensei?" my dad asked. We were sat with my dad at the head of the table and Shikaku at the bottom while Yoshino sat opposite me and Shikamaru.

"I got some real piece of work called Hyousuke," I replied while pinching my nose in annoyance.

"Oh... good luck with that one, how about you Shikamaru?"

"Asuma."

"That's great! Asuma will train you well," Shikaku burst out. For a lazy guy, he sure does seem extremely lively this evening, I didn't have the energy to keep up so once I was finished eating, I got up and excused myself before going to my room. I've gone the whole day without using my shadow hopping so I'm pretty proud of myself.

I heard a light knock on my door.

"Yes?" I called, the door opened and in walked Shikamaru. I was sat on one side of my bed with a book in my hand.

"They're drunk," he tells me, obviously meaning our fathers, I smiled and nodded before returning to my book, next think I know, Shikamaru is lying on the other side of my bed with his hands behind his head and he stared up at the ceiling.

"As much as I enjoy the silence, I feel like you've got something weighing on you," I say as I kept reading the page of my book, the silence I was given confirmed my suspicion, "you don't have to tell me but just remember this quote that I read 'take notice of what thoughts you choose to fill your mind with each day. Our thoughts draw to us whatever is dominating our mind, so always keep what you are thinking about in check'."

I feel him staring at me as I flipped the page of my book.

"You're filled with a strange wisdom, you know that right?" he asked, I looked at him out the corner of my eye before shrugging.

"Not really, I just read a lot," I told him before closing the book, "well that's another book done."

I got up and moved to the end of my bed, kneeling on the floor as I pulled a box out and opened it.

"What's with the box?" he asked, moving so he was lying on his stomach and watching me.

"I haven't had time to buy a bookshelf yet so I'm using boxes to keep my books organised. This is box number 5 for complete books," I tell him as I placed the book into the box.

Shikamaru's PoV

I watched as y/n place the book gently in the box like if she put more force into it, the book was shatter or crumble away. She then closed the box and slid it under the bed again before pulling out another and picking out two books.

"Moonrise or Gone?" she asked, raising the books so I could read the blurbs.

"Moonrise," I chose, she nodded and placed 'Gone' back into the box before pushing it away and jumping onto the bed where she was previously sat. I moved back to my other position and relaxed.

The room was quiet. Peaceful and calm. Although our parents were causing a ruckus outside in the living room, it was still quiet here, like the room was a different building. All I could hear was our steady breathing and the occasional turning of a page.

I yawned.

"You know you can sleep if you want," she tells me, I look up to see her eye not even spare me a glance, but kept taking in the words on the page. I just nod and turn onto my side, taking her offer happily, closing my eyes and falling asleep easily.

Your PoV

Well... he fell asleep quickly.

I closed my book and decided I wanted a snack before standing up. I didn't get very far before I felt something grab my wrist and I was stuck. I looked down to see Shikamaru grabbing me.

"If he wasn't asleep, I'd definitely smack him," I muttered before sitting back down and picking my book back up, "guess I'm not getting my snack."

Yoshino's PoV - 2 HOURS LATER

I finally got the guys to sober up and decided it was time to go home.

"I'll go get Shikamaru," I announced to the two idiots before me. I walked down the hallway and peaked in different rooms until I finally found her room. I knocked but when I got no response I opened the door to see Shikamaru and y/n both asleep. Y/n had a book in her hand and Shikamaru was basically using her as a cushion. I sighed and took the book out her hand and placed it on the bedside table before going to Shikamaru and shaking him.

"He's not waking up anytime soon," Shikaku's voice filled the room, "he's found a comfortable pillow."

"He's just like you," I replied, extremely unamused.

"You both can stay here, if you can't tell, we definitely have spare rooms. Take your choice, I'll be turning in now," f/n spoke up before disappearing into a room a bit further down the hallway.

"Might as well take his offer, even if you did manage to wake Shikamaru up, he wouldn't move," my husband suggest before grabbing my hand and dragging me out the room and into a spare one.

"That boy is basically just a younger double of you," I sighed as we got into the bed and laid down. Shikaku just chuckled as he hugged me.

"Maybe y/n will become a Nara in the future. 'That boy' of ours seems to have taken a liking to her," he speaks through my hair.

"Maybe she will, maybe she wont. Now go to sleep," I replied quickly before closing my eyes and going to sleep with that thought on my mind.

It would be interesting if she did.