Don't Forget Who You Are

Start from the beginning

"So Rob, what brings you here?"

" I was the photographer for Miles' album cover. And you?"

"I guess you could say I'm Miles' best friend."

"Girlfriend?"

"Haha no. Single at the moment."

He looked confused, but then suddenly thought of something.

"Wait aren't you dating Alex Turner?"

"Was. We broke up like four days ago. "

"Oh. Sorry bout that."

I smiled at his kindness.

"Nothin to be sorry about. Not your fault"

All of a sudden, I smelled a familiar cologne. I looked up to see Alex glaring at Rob. Poor Rob was obviously confused and uncomfortable under his stare. Alex finally spoke up.

"What'dya think you're doing?"

"Havin' a drink?"

"With her? You probably just want a quick shag. She can do so much better than you."

Now alex was pissing me off.

"What the fuck Alex? Fuck off. We aren't together anymore, it's none of your business who I talk to!"

His face suddenly fell and I noticed tears prickling in his eyes. He turned around and left.

"Rob I'm sorry. I have to go." I quickly wrote down my number on a napkin and gave it to him.

"Call me yeah?"

"Sure love."

He suddenly got up from his seat and gave me a long kiss. It felt good but it wasn't right.

I didn't want to admit it, but I'd much rather prefer Alex's lips instead of Rob.

Alex POV:

I was walking towards the guys when I turned my head to see Jenna and that Rob guy making out. My face fell and I was on the verge of tears. It's so weird to think that four days ago we were still together but now we completely avoid each other. Or at least Jenna avoids me.

The rest of the night became a blur, I was taking shot after shot. The constant burning on my throat made my thoughts about how much I'd screwed up my life go away. The guys were trying to talk to me but I completely ignored them and went into my deep thoughts.

"Mate?" Matt was trying to talk to me

"Ye-eea-hh..." It was almost impossible for me to form a word or even a sentence.

"It's like 2 a.m. Let's go. I'm driving."

Matt dragged me out of the party without me saying goodbye to Miles. Apparently Matt wasn't drunk because he drove us home.

We finally made it to the doorstep and I suddenly collapsed on the ground because I lost my balance.

"Alex get off the fucking ground. It's impossible to even talk to you especially since you've been drunk the past four days."

"Ma-aa-tee.. Nah I'm not drunk "

Matt appeared to roll his eyes, but it was impossible for me to make it out. I pushed myself off the floor and threw myself on the bed. Matt went to sleep in the guest room.

I felt myself falling asleep quickly.

3 A.M.

I suddenly woke up from a bad dream. The one i had been seeing the past four nights. It was Jenna, the night of glastonbury, running away crying as I stood there like an idiot. The image kept replaying in my mind and I couldn't take it anymore. I had to do something about it.. Even if I was slightly intoxicated. Ok.. Very.

I silently walked out of the house and hopped in my car. I had somehow managed to get Miles to tell me Jenna's new address. I had told him last night that I needed to drop off some more of Jenna's stuff, and with much reluctance he told me where her new house is. I pulled up into her driveway quietly and stumbled up to her door. Two knocks.

Three knocks.

Four knocks.

No answer. I decided to keep banging until she opened up, I did drive all the way here after all...

Jenna POV

After the awkward confrontations with alex, I returned to Rob. He was being really nice to me, and I had heard from Miles before that he was a cool guy. Many drinks and kisses later, we ended up stumbling through my front door basically naked. Quickly pulling off what little clothing was left, we made our way to my bed. He planted me with sloppy drunken kisses. Not like alex though. Al's kisses were always soft and passionate, they always made me so happy and beautiful.

One thing led to another, and we ended up having sex. I almost felt guilty, as if I was cheating on Alex. It hadn't completely sunken into my brain, the fact that Alex and I had officially broken up. While Rob was snoring loudly next to me, I secretly wished that it was Alex in the same bed as me.

It was a bit after 3 AM now and I felt myself falling asleep. Until loud knocks echoed my flat. I was obviously worried, it was late and there could be a psycho killer on the other side of the door. I picked up my can of pepper spray ( you never know!) and tiptoed to the window by the door. Looking out my window, I noticed a sleek black Cadillac parked on my driveway that looked exactly like Alex's. The loud knocks continued and I decided to open the door.

Reluctantly, I opened to door not knowing who it was.

I was surprised to see who it was, but glad it wasn't a crazy murderer.

Alex.

His hair was flat on his head, and a strong scent of cigarettes and whisky filled my nostrils. His eyes were bloodshot and he was pale. He obviously wasn't in a good state.

He looked up at me with his sad eyes.

"Jenna..."

"What are you doing here Alex?" I tried to make my tone as harsh as possible.

"Look. I need you back. Every night I try to go to sleep.. I can't. It's not the same without you. I miss how you'd laugh at my dumb jokes, and your pretty face, and your sweet laugh. I'm so sorry for everything I did."

I just stood there expressionless, not sure what to do. I desperately wanted to jump into his arms and get back together. I honestly was about to until..

"Jenna? What is this dick'ead doing here?"

I turned around and saw Rob standing behind me with only his boxers. I nervously looked back to alex and saw that his face had gone red and was about to cry. Again.

"I..I'm sorry ... I didn't know.. I'm gonna go.. Yeah.. ". He nervously formed a sentence and quickly ran back to his car.

AN: as promised, here's the update! So... Jenna and Rob or Jenna and Alex?

Also, if you'd like to follow me on social media... Aka tumblr 😂

@whothefookarearcticmonkeys