This House is a Circus

I'm happy to be back! So basically, someone somehow got my password and was on it the same time as me... They posted a chapter... But it was basically just a page filled with very vulgar words. Hopefully no one saw that! And they were liking random stories and posted a few things on my feed. Anyways, that's solved! Here's a new chapter lovelies.

Alex POV

After a long day of cooking and cleaning, the house was ready for Jenna's parents. Jenna, thankfully, seemed pleased and not as pissed as the previous morning. It was nearing about 7 now, which was when Jenna's parents were supposed to come. I chose to wear a navy turtleneck and a pair of skinny jeans. Comfy yet somewhat formal. As I was leaning against the counter, I saw Jenna emerge from our bedroom. God, she looked stunning. Wearing a simple white sweater and jeans, she looked beautiful. She's one of those girls that always looks effortlessly beautiful. I walked up to her, wrapped my arms around her, and buried my face into her neck.

"Jennnnnn"

"Yes Al?" She replied with a giggle.

I looked up at her and saw an amused smile on get face.

"I'm worried to meet your parents. What if they hate me." Jenna just rolled her eyes and told me that Id be fine. Yeah, ok sure.

"Babe my parents will love you. If you're worried about what to talk about, I can tell you some of their interests. "

"Yes! Tell me what your parents like."

Thank god. At least there won't be any awkward silences.

" So my mom teaches ecology at San Diego state university. It's basically about the environment and animals blah blah. My dad works as a marine biologist. But honestly, I don't know what they're doing now that they've moved to England. I think they mentioned something about going back to SoCal."

Well fuck. I know absolutely nothing about the environment and ocean animals. Jenna sensed my nervousness and rubbed my back. "Babe you'll be fine. They're not hippies or anything. They'll love you! They're very excited to meet you!"

"Ok.. I guess." No joke, the second I finished my sentence, the bell rang. Fuck.

I'm guessing Jenna was excited to see them since she ran over to the door with a smile. I met her by the door just in time to greet her parents. When Jenna opened the door, I could instantly see some resemblance between them. Jenna's mom was about 5'8" , brown hair and bright green eyes. She looked exactly like Jenna, but 30 years older. Her dad was quite tall, dark haired and brown eyes. His looks made him seem like an intimidating man, but he had a pleasant look on his face.

I greeted them with a smile as Jenna introduced me.

"Mom, Dad this is Alex. Alex, this is my mom Nicole and my dad Robert."

I quickly reached out a hand to her parents, but they decided to give me hugs instead. Jenna's dad patted me on the back and greeted me with a smile. "Nice to meet you Alex! Jenna, he looks like a nice guy! Aren't you in a band or something? Arctic apes, right?"

This was one of those situations where I cursed jamie about eighty times in my head. Our band name didn't annoy me much, but it was situations like these that made me wish we had a more "professional" band name.

"It's uh, arctic monkeys actually. Close enough!" I didn't want to sound like a know it all.

"Rob! Seriously? We've been over this! Arctic MONKEYS. Not apes!"

"He doesn't mind Nicole! Right, alex?"

"Yes.. I- I don't mind. Anyways, appetizers anyone?"

Jenna and I led her parents into the kitchen while engaging them in small talk. They seemed to be genuinely nice people which made it much easier for me.