Smile More

Hamilton Pov:
I walk towards the door to history class. I stand and go to open the door. Inside the small window I see Aaron sitting at his desk with papers scattered around him. The light from the classroom window illuminates him and no one else. My hand hovers above the door handle as I stare at him.
"Are you coming in or what?" John says, breaking me from my trance. "I'm coming" I reply and open the door. I walk over to Aaron's seat and drop my bag with a heavy thud, I'm still not over what he said. "Oh" He says looking up at me, "hello Hamilton". I ignore him. He rolls his eyes and sighs, "why are you ignoring me"
I look him in the eyes. "I'm not obnoxious, arrogant, selfish, or cocky."
"You heard that?" He says. I nod I'm response.
"Oh"
"Look" I say "I know what you're going to say and I don't want any half hearted apology because you think the teachers watching."
"I wasn't going to apologise" ,he says, "it's not my fault that you are all those things I called you."
"Fine, I do want your apology"
"I'm sorry..." ,Aaron begins, That you can't stand to have one person who doesn't worship you."
"That wasn't an apology you bastard!" I yell resulting in a stern look from Mr. Washington"
"I, unlike you, am not a bastard" Aaron tells me "in order for me to be a bastard parents would have had to have had me out of wedlock."
I groan. What a smart-ass!
"I really really hate you" I reply.
"Do you?" He asks raising an eyebrow.
"Yes" I reply refusing to meet his eye.
The question I've avoided thinking about since we met when I first arrived here, Do I hate him?

Aaron Pov:
"Do you?" I inquire seriously curious to what his answer will be.
"Yes" he replies immediately. My trademark smirk wavers for a second. Before I can respond that I hate him too Mr. Washington stage coughs loudly and the whole class turns around to look at him.
"Today class", he bellows, "we will be presenting our project on the American revolution!"
No no no! I COMPLETELY forgot.
"Are you ready Burr?" Alexander asks coldly.
"Uhhh" I respond.
"You forgot?"
"No...um.. I just didn't remember that it was this lesson"
"So you forgot." Hamilton says.
"Fine, I forgot"
"Okay", Hamilton says turning towards me, "we will perform Aaron Burr, sir and do not forget the dancing."
"There was dancing?" I ask horrified. He gives me a look saying 'really?'
"First up we have Alexander and Aaron!"
I timidly walk to the front of the classroom and see Alexander striding confidently ahead of me. Why is he so confident? He walks up to me and taps me on the shoulder and sings "Pardon me are you Aaron Burr, sir?" The class looks at him in awe and I have to admit I was also quite shocked by his voice. He nudges me and prompts "that depends.."
"That depends, who's asking?"
"Oh sure, sir"

After class:
"Wait" I scream running after Aaron.
"hello Hamilton" he replies.
I look up at him. "Well.." He prompts.hx
"Thank you", I say sheepishly, "for you know dancing and singing in the project, I really didn't think you would."
"Thank you, Hamilton"
"You're welcome Burrito!"
I walk away from him and the lockers.
"One more thing!" I shout behind me.
"Yes?" He says with his usual solemn look.
"Smile more, Burr!"

Flashback- 2 years ago: 3rd person
"Hello, my name is Alexander- I'm new here. I'm sixteen but my mind is older which makes me more mature. I wasborn in The Canary Islands, Where were  you born? I've never been to America isn't it exciting. I always wanted to go to the states but I never have. I'm kind of nervous that I'll do something wrong-?"
"Let me offer you some free advice" I interrupt.
He looks up at me expectantly and I carry on. "Talk less"
"What?" He asks bewildered.
"Smile more. Don't let them know what you're against or what you're for.."