3 | River of Tears

Start from the beginning

How could I say no to that?  Support was everything I had looked for my entire life and there was he, openly offering it to me, without taking his time to know me better or to question if I was indeed trustworthy.

I am never going to forget his genuine generous gesture towards me, he became my best friend, my brother, thanks to Colber I have a better life that I had before, still, what happened inside the group after I joined him was, of all things, the worst Colber could have expected.

Why would a sixteen-year-old guy, a brand new student who had just entered in eleventh grade, with no parents, money or fancy cars, join the group?

For all of them, it made absolutely no sense, some got suspicious, skeptical and apprehensive. And, Travis, well, he was the one who hated it the most – my incoming was felt by him as being the arrival of someone who was about to dethrone him as the best left wing Highland's Bricklane football team ever had to replace him by a new, less experienced and not much of a flair player attacker.

I got that, I was intimidating him and that fucked him up.

But for once in my whole idiotic life I had finally been appreciated for being a part of something good. So I let it slide, telling Colber I wanted to join him on the pitch.

Travis switched for the right wing though I don't think he still enjoyed much what had happened. We never got to properly talk about the shit that went through between us, on the other hand, I wouldn't buy him if we ever got to that

– he chose the easiest way to despise me all along, so that wasn't something I was trying to emend. He wasn't the only one who abominated me, but, in my defense, at the time I was more focused on other things.

My point is, we obviously disliked each other.

He didn't fuck with me because he was jealous of my position and I didn't fuck with him because he only saw me as his rival.

Yet, considering the fact that Colber had always spoken to me about counting on each other, I never opened my mouth to tell Travis' secrets to anyone, not even the worst ones.

I know he has a soft spot for Page since middle school, for whatever reason.

However, he is the kind of guy who doesn't know how to deal with that stuff, much like myself in that matter, ironically, aside from the fact that I don't get laid with girls who want more than just that - sex – as he does.

Walker doesn't give a shit if he breaks their hearts or not, I believe he is just trying to find an excuse to purposely hurt Page, to keep her far away from him but also close to him at the same time, if that makes any sense.

The thing is, sometimes he loses his mind and does even worse shit- serious dangerous, naughty shit.

Whatever his reasons are, he can't go on like this.

Although my mind keeps reprocessing my thoughts, my body moves itself to the bathroom in front of Colber's bedroom.

"Bro, are you there?" I ask, checking that the door is locked.

I got no response.

It's probably someone who's stoned and throwing up.

Fuck, man, where are you?

I checked my phone but I had no messages. He must be in his bedroom.

That's the one spot Colber wouldn't let anyone enter, not even me. He considered it to be his "solo place to chill and to think", everyone would be pretty impressed if they knew how many sick football ideas and over the moan tactics he would formulate inside those four walls, he has really a big brain-besides, he's the best footballer I know, I mean, ever.