Chapter eleven - Don't you die on me

Start from the beginning

The group decided to go through an old tunnel since it was the shortest way to get to the camp. The only downside was that it was infested by rouge vampires. So they had to be careful.

Gabriel joked the whole way through trying to scare Sam. But suddenly they actually got attacked by a group of vampires. Everything went so fast as he lost sight of Sam. He got scared as he frantically tried to find him.

After a while he did find him even though he wished he hadn't. Sam was held by them with no escape. Gabriel looked on in horror as he saw the vampire's teeth tore into him. Time stopped as Gabriel tried to fight through to him.

He heard the faint echo of Castiel calling out to him as a shrill sound filled his ears. As he reached his love and killed the vampires Sam was already nearly gone and he didn't have enough power to heal him. At least not fast.

After Gabriel picked him up he looked at the others. He saw tears in Dean's eyes. So he spoke up. "There will be more. You guys need to go. I will stay here with Sam." He slowly brushed through his hair. "I can try to heal him but it will take some time."

Castiel just nodded and pulled Dean along. The other two travellers followed them.

Gabriel was left alone with the hurt hunter. Sure they could've followed them but travelling with Sam in that kind of condition was too risky. So Gabriel made a little barrier to keep them safe from more vampires.

Just know was he hit with his feelings that were supressed by the shock. His emotions were overwhelming so tears started to fill his eyes. Gabriel tried his best to heal him but it was no use.

"Hey, Samsquatch? Please, wake up. I need you. Don't you die on me." He hugged the other tightly. "Baby? If you wake up I will pamper you and get you everything you need. Just please wake up." Tears ran down his cheeks.

He couldn't loose him. He had only just now find something, someone to live for and to protect. He couldn't let him die after everything that he had done for him. How could he just stand by and watch him die?

The archangel was lost. The only one he could try to contact was his dad. "Dad? Please, I need you. I know I haven't been the best son but please you need to help me. Sam deserves to live." He was all out of options and even though he knew that his dad wouldn't answer and help him he had to try.

"Hey, little brother." Gabriel heard a way to familiar voice behind him. Lucifer! He turned to the source in shock. What was he doing here?

The older bother chuckled a bit. "You got attached to a human and I thought you were smart." He kneeled down next to him.

Gabriel wanted to attack him but he couldn't. He knew that his brother was the only way to save Sam. So no matter how much he despised the idea of what he had to do he had to do it.

"Please, help him, Luci. I'll do anything." He clung to his brother's shirt. "Please."

Lucifer took his hand in his hands. "Anything?"

The other nodded evoking a response in the older angel. "Good." He let go of his hands. "Father, you've really become pathetic, little brother. I mean you're an archangel. You could be anywhere and anywhen you want and you choose to live with these humans."

Lucifer healed Sam without afford. He then stood up again and waited for him to get conscious.

Gabriel held his love's head in his hands looking at him. He brushed his thumb against the other's cheek.

It seemed like forever until Sam opened his eyes. The hunter was confused and touched his neck which was healed. But as soon as he saw the other's face he calmed down. It made sense to him.

Gabriel smiled widely as he was ecstatic to see him alive. He quickly embraced him tightly. "I thought I lost you!" He then put his face against the other's again looking him in the eyes and making their foreheads touch. "Don't do that ever again. Don't you dare scare me like this, Samsquatch!"

"Gabriel, you saved me. Thank you." He hadn't seen the other archangel yet. So naturally he assumed it was the one in front of him.

Gabriel scratched his neck. "Well, as much as I would love to take the credit for that it wasn't me." He pointed into the corner where his brother was standing.

Sam jerked up. "What is he doing here?!"

Lucifer went up to them causing Sam to jerk away. "He is the reason you're alive. You should be thanking me." He ignored that Sam wanted to say something and turned to Gabriel. "So, now to our deal."

The hunter looked at the younger angel as concern filled his eyes. "Deal? Do you have a death wish? You don't make deals with the devil."

"Calm down, Sam. It's not much that I request from my little brother. I just want you two lovebirds to show me where me son is."

Even though they wanted to argue they knew that he had the highground. There was nothing that they could do. So they started to head for the camp.

"Hey, Samsquatch, it will be okay." Gabriel took his hand. "The only thing that matters is that you're alive."

"But was it worth it? I mean, now Lucifer knows where his son is."

Gabriel stopped walking. "Hey, Luci, could we have a moment? You can take my blade as security to know that we won't run away." He threw it at his brother who caught it.

"As long as it doesn't take too long." With that Lucifer left.

"What's the matter with this? Shouldn't we like keep moving?" Sam looked at the other confused.

Gabriel just took his other hand into his hand as well. "Look, I don't care what we should do. I need you to know that trading you life for this bit of information was definitely worth it. You are what matters the most to me right now and I don't care what I had to do. On top of that my brother would have found out anyways."

He paused for a moment. "You are worth a lot and I will not listen to you talk like this about yourself."

Sam was speechless he didn't know what to say or to do. So he just kissed him. "Thank you."

Gabriel smirked. "Ready to keep walking or do you want to kiss more?"

"Let's go. We'll have enough time to kiss and make out once we're there." The hunter smiled.

This responds made the archangel chuckle a bit. "Oho, Samsquatch. That sounds nice." He went to get his brother and retrieve his angel blade.

The four then continued their way to the camp.