Chapter Forty-five

"You don't have to do this" Jon whispered to Jaslin as they took their position for battle.

"Yes I do. Just as you, I belong here" she reminded him as she tried to calm her horse.

Across the vast and morning mist covered field, they could now make out the outline of the Bolton Army. Jaslin was in truth as good a fighter than any man there, but even she was secretly unsure about whether we was ready for battle.

"Rickon" Jon called out as a small figure of a boy began to run towards them.

"Jon look, Bolton, he is firing arrows" Jaslin gasped in horror.

Without another word Jon leaped from his horse and began to charge towards his brother. They were almost in arms reach when a final arrow came falling from the sky, piercing straight through Rickon who fell to the ground with full weight.

"No" Jaslin whispered a cry as she turned to look at Davos and Sandor who were stood to their side.

Across the field, Jaslin could hear the shouts and cheers of the Bolton Army. They were approaching. Jon was still stood in the middle of the field alone. Slowly he stood up from his brothers dead body and pulled out his long sword.

"Prepare to charge. Prepare to charge. Follow your commander" Jaslin roared out as she galloped her horse up and down the battle front.

Within seconds thousands of arrows came flying through the sky as the Bolton archers released a sworn of deadly markers down upon them. Jaslin took one last look at Sandor before leading the men across the field.

Just as the Bolton Army were about of reach Jon. His army of smaller houses and wildlings came smashing through them. With sword in hand, Jaslin cut into the enemy without mercy. The clang of steel on steel was deafening and soon the smell of blood and death filled the air.

Jaslin had quickly lost both Jon and Sandor through the madness. Turning back to look for them, she was quickly knocked down to the ground. She hit the frozen ground hard and her armour cut into her side. Wincing in pain, she quickly rolled onto her side to top from being trampled on by other horses and men.

Suddenly someone lifted her up from behind. "Stay on your feet" Tormund insisted and quickly went back to fighting the other men.

Jaslin quickly looked down for her sword and kicked it up from the mud. As she bent back up, she slices through the legs of one man and then the stomach of another. All around her lay the dying bodies of men from both sides of the fight. The last screams of them deafening her as she tried to concentrate. It was becoming harder and harder though. The pure carnage and destruction around her was too much. Arrows continued to fall from the sky and the Bolton men were now cornering them. Pushing them further and further back against a wall of dead men.

Panicked, Jaslin could no longer find a target, only their own side surrounded them. As some men tried to fight back against the pushing Bolton forces, other tried to climb over the wall of dead. Death was only found from both sides though, and Jaslin continued to look around on hopelessness for a way out.

"Jaslin" Sandor suddenly roared out behind her as he pushed through the ever crowded group.

"There's no way out. They'll squish us to death" she cried as she felt.his arms wrap around her waist.

"You won't. Get on my shoulders" he commanded.

Jaslin went to argue with him, but Sandor quickly pulled her on to his shoulders. From higher ground she could see the real carnage around them. The Bolton men were continuing to push them against the wall whilst also slamming their sprees into nearby bodies. As she looked down, she could see Sandor struggling to breath as bodies pushed up hard against him. He never looked away from her though as he fought for each breath. Jaslin knew she was going to watch him die, and for what, to be killed or held prisoner by the Boltons?

Everything seemed lost in that moment. Smaller men were being pushed down and trampled on, whilst others prayed for just one more breath. The clang of steel was no more , the only sound left was that of the dying men around them and Jaslin looked out desperately for Jon.

As Jaslin looked down at Sandor one last time and saw the life leaving his eyes, the sudden sound of a war horn blasted across the field. In the distance Jaslin could see the men of the Vale with their flags and weapons ready. On horseback they charged towards them and into the wall of murderous Bolton men.

Jaslin could hardly believe it, just when she waited for death, a savior of army of saviors had appeared. Straight away the crowd found more room and she could feel take a huge breath in.

"The knights of the Vale" she laughed down to him.

Once the northern army were freed, the knights of the Vale went on to defeat the remain Bolton men. Ramsay has quickly retreated to Winterfell, confident that the old walls would protect him.

Jon was still enraged and unwilling to back down, began to charge for Winterfell. Wun Wun, Tormund, Jaslin and Sandor ran after him. The giant was quickly able to smash through the gates. Once inside they quickly killed the remaining Bolton forces, costing Wun Wun his life. 

"You suggested one on one combat didn't you?" Ramsay announced as Jon looked away from his dead giant friend and Jaslin pulled back her arrow, ready to shot it at the man. 

"Well I have changed my mind, I think that sounds like a wonderful idea" Ramsay continued on as he quickly reached back for an arrow. 

Jon quickly threw down his sword and reach out for a abandoned shield. Just as Ramsay was about to release the arrow, Jon quickly blocked it from piercing into his skull. Jaslin watched in a calm readiness as she increased the tension on bow. Arrow after arrow, Jon continued to block them until he finally reached Ramsay. Slamming his shield into him, Ramsay instantly fell back into the ground. Jon quickly jumped down onto him and began pounding his fists into the Bolton bastard. Everyone watched on in complete silence as the one sided fight continued. As Jaslin looked away for a moment she found Sansa entering the courtyard. She was staring at Jon in almost shock and horror as he continued to brutally beat Ramsay.

Quickly Jaslin threw down her bow and arrow and ran over to Jon. Wrapping her arms tightly around him, she began to whisper in his ear. "Let him face the true justice. Do not let him bring you to his level. You are better Jon". 

Slowly Jon stopped his fists from beating Ramsay and he relaxed his body back against Jaslin. Gently, Jaslin then rose from the ground and placed her hand out for him. Jon looked away from the offer of help with grief. Raising from the ground by himself, he looked across the yard and saw Sansa staring at him.

"Jon" Jaslin whispered in a defeated tone as he quickly stormed across the courtyard and back inside the castle.