Chapter Twenty-Two

"So it is confirmed, you are with child" Cersi spoke with distaste as Jaslin sat in front of her inside the Queens royal apartment.

"Yes your grace".

"Well as a guest within the Red Keep and an assumed widow, you will be given our protection".

"You are too kind your grace".

"Fuck Jaslin we are alone, quit with your fake politeness and scripted words, you'll give me a headache. Let is speak Like the two women we are".

"Alright then. So woman to woman, what is to happen to Sansa when she weds Tyrion?"

"She will live out the rest of her day at Casterly Rock. I'm sure you are more than pleased with the outcome".

"I'd be more pleased if my family and close friends were still alive, but I shall find lightness in all this.... Well, frankly, shit. I am curious though, what does Lord Tywin Lannister have planned for his daughter".

"I'm being sold once again. Like a horse in heat to that known pillow biter Loras" she spat and poured herself another glass of wine.

"It could be worse. Someone once tried to sell to me to Mountain" Jaslin smiled wickedly as the queen finally broke a smile.

"You survived us all though Lady Jaslin. The last living member of House Frost".

"Just lucky I guess, with all things considered".

"Perhaps" Cersi shrugged.

"As we are speaking frank with one another, may I say something though. It may shock you, but one day I will escape this city, I will make it out of here. I do not know how or when, but when I do, let me say this now incase we do not have another chance. For when I do escape, do you who I shall thank. I shall thank you my grace. You see Cersi, there is no one else in this godforsaken city who had taught me more about games, liars and surivial than yoy. They were hard lessons, but ones I shall never forget".

Cersi smiled over her wine glass. "We must all learn at some point Lady Jaslin".

Over the next month, Jaslin spent her time with Sansa. Her original joy of not marrying Joffrey had not lasted long once Jaslin had told her of her new marriage to Tyrion. The day after their wedding Sansa had grown more cold towards Jaslin, hardly speaking a word to her as they passed each day together, and if she did it was a harsh and cold word. Jaslin knew Sansa blamed her for her new circumstances, but believed the child would calm down as time passed on and she finally realised how lucky she had truly been.

Lord Tyrion had also assured Jaslin that he had not touched Lady Sansa. He said he would not force himself upon a child, and Jaslin was gratefull for his kindness. Yet no word had been heard on Sandor Clegane and his fate. The Lannister guards out on the road had not seen or found no sign of him and soon people began to believe he had died. At first Jaslin had felt a sadness at the news, but just as quickly it turned to anger. She was still so mad at the man for leaving her. Jaslin could not believe he had been lying all that time, when he promised her his heart and his soul, ensuring her he would always protect her. Jaslin could not find any reason for why he would leave, other than that he was a liar and a coward.

A few days before King Joffrey was to marry his new bride, Jaslin had found Sansa in the gardens with littlefinger, whispering between each other. The snake like man had quickly left whenever Jaslin had appeared and Sansa refused to explain what it was they discussed so secretively. Jaslin had tried to implore to Sansa that she could not trust Littlefinger, but as always, Sansa would ignore Jaslin and brush off her comments.

Soon the day of the wedding arrived. The ceremony had been a long and dull affair for Jaslin who sat at the back of the septa with her now visible baby bump. After the ceremony and once Mageary and Joffrey were proclaimed man and wife, the guests moved onto the celebrations and feast. There was a 77 course meal served as a harpist played and a dancing bear was brought forth for entertainment.

Half way through the meal, a pair of dwarf jousters enter the throne room atop a dog and a stag and proceed to mock the Starks and Joffrey's Baratheon uncles, Renly and Stannis. The entire performance was done in poor taste, and Mageary and Loras were clearly discomforted by the mocking of Renly. Jaslin was sat a few tables away from the royal top table, where Sansa sat next to her Lord husband. As she watched over Sansa from afar, Joffrey began to berate his uncle further and encouraged him to join in the performance. When Tyrion refused, embarrassing the boy kings, Joffrey emptied his large royal chalice of sweet red summer wine over his uncle and ordered him to be his cupbearer.

As Tyrion bowed to his king and nephew, he refilled the boys glass with a bottle from the table. The whole wedding had grown quieter now as Joffrey stopped for a moment to take a long drink from his cup. Suddenly he began to cough, each one more violent than the last as his face slowly changed to a shade of purple. Chaos soon broke out as the wedding guests began to run from the tables.

As Joffrey fell to the floor and began scratching the skin of.his own neck, Cersi ran to his aid and held her son in her arms. With Joffreys last dying breath, he reached out and pointed at his uncle.

As the King died, the wedding went quiet and everyone waited for what would happen next. Through the maddnes Jaslin had tried to locate Sansa, but she was now no where to be seen.

"Joffrey, please. My son. My son" Cersi cried as the only voice in the room and Jamie Lannister appeared from the crowd and ran over to them.

"He did this. He poisoned my son, your king. Take him. TAKE HIM" she roared out as she finally released her hold on her dead, purple skinned and blood shot eyes son.