Chapter Forty-three

"We can't defend the south from the walkers and the north from the Boltons. We want to survive we need Winterfell, and to take Winterfell we need more men" Jon snapped as he pushed over one of the small statutes on the map.

"There are still other houses in the north. The umbers gave rickon to the Boltons, but the Karstarks joined with the Boltons thinking they had no other choice" Jaslin sighed.

"All do respect my lady, but Robb Stark beheaded their father, I doubt they would answer the call" Davos injected as he leaned over the table and studied the map.

"How well do you truly know the north Ser Davos. Ned always told me how northerns were different, more loyal" she glared back.

"Aye, yet how many houses rose against the Boltons when they betrayed the Starks. I may not know the north, but I know men, there more or less the same in any corner of the world and even the bravest of them don't want to see there wives and children skinned for a lost cause. If jon is going to convince them to fight beside them, they need to believe it is a fight they can win".

Jon finally walked back to the table and pointed down at the map. "There are three other houses in the north. Glover, Hornwood and Mormont. Together they equal all the others. We can start small and build".

"The north remembers. They still remember the Stark name and they will risk everything for it" Sansa added.

"I don't doubt it, but Jon doesn't have the Stark name" Davos sighed.

"No, but I do. Jaslin is also blood of the  Mormont House. Tully's will also back us without question. My uncle, the blackfish, has reformed the armies and taken back riverrun" Sansa replied with a slight smile.

Jaslin quickly looked from Jon to Sansa with a look of suspicion. "How do you know this?"

"Ramsay received a raven before I escaped Winterfell".

Davos from face suddenly seemed to lighten as he stood up and moved around the small statues on the map. "That's good, blackfish is a legend. Stark, Tully and a few more houses, all starts to look like a winning side".

Later that day Jaslin was walking through the courtyard as the men prepared to set off to try and achieve the support of the other houses. Jaslin had not seen Sandor all day, and quickly noticed him packing his horse up with the other men. Without a word to Sansa, Jaslin quickly rushed across the courtyard towards him.

"You're going with Jon?" She asked with a slightly confused tone.

"Aye, need all the men he can afford, to show strength".

"You never said".

Sandor quickly stopped what he was doing to turn to his lady wife. Placing his hand on her shoulders he looked down at her with a stern eyes. "I will return".

"I'm sure that's what all men say before they leave and never return" she shrugged whilst refusing to meet his eyes.

Sandor sighed heavily and placed his finger under her chin, forcing Jaslin to look up at him. "When have I ever been like most men?".

Jaslin could not argue with him there. Sandor was not like any other man she had known. Loyal and with a sense of duty like her once father and Ned, but also smarter, knowing when to put honour aside for a greater need. She could not help but break a small smile now as she met his eyes.

"Don't promise me you will return. Actions speak louder than words" she whispered.

"Aye and my actions will have you much louder when I return" he teased into her ear and quickly spanked her bottom.

"Perhaps" she smirked.

Sandor quickly pulled her into a hungered kiss as his arms wrapped tightly around him. "Until I return" he whispered in a husky voice when they finally parted.

As Jaslin stepped away from Sandor, she noticed Jon glaring at them from across the courtyard. Not wanting Sandor to notice, Jaslin quickly looked back at Sandor and smiled softly before he returned to packing his horse.

Sansa and Jaslin watched from the raised walkway as Jon and his men guided their horses out of the main gates. Sandor had given her one last look before finally turning forwards.

"Do you think he can do it?" Sansa asked.

"Jon deserves more of your faith sweet one. He is no longer the boy we once knew, he will get Winterfell back for us all".

"And if he doesn't?"

"Then at least we tried" Jaslin whispered and wrapped her arm around her shoulders.

Two weeks later the men returned to castle black. Jaslin was the first to greet them as she rushed through the courtyard toward Jon.

"Only House Mormont will aid us. Tormund has spoken to the other wildlings and they have given me their alliance though" he sighed as he jumped from his horse.

"But we shall still be out numbered" Jaslin sighed as Sandor came over to her.

Jon only replied with worried eyes as Jaslin looked behind him as saw a familiar face had joined his group.

"What is she doing here" Jaslin spat as she looked at Brienne.

"It's alright, we fight for the same side" Sandor quickly spoke trying to calm his wife's rage.

"She almost killed you" Jaslin hissed.

"Aye, but she didn't. She's loyal to the Starks and we need all the fighters we can get" he argued back.

Jaslin continued to glare at the huge woman who quickly noticed and became suddenly uncomfortable.

"Now what then?" Jaslin finally groaned and turned her attention back to Jon.

"Now we fight" he replied.

A.N - I am sooo sorry for the late update. I'm currently moving house and just haven't found the time. I hope you enjoyed this update, more of a build up chapter but loadssss of drama to come. I will update again tonight, but in the meantime please check out my new Sandor story called Secret Flames, it's completely different from my other view points on the GOT storyline.