Their uncle kept his easy posture as he kept talking. "I set out three bowls of soup, nephew, so I'd have enough for all my guests who are allowed to eat."

Jane's body stiffened. Something bad was about to happen. 

And she was right as, right after she stiffened, she was pushed out of the booth. Her body fell flat on the ground and a man's foot came crashing on her chest, keeping her down. She looked up to see an extremely familiar face grab her brother and hold him down on the counter. 

Jane watched helplessly on the floor as her uncle grabbed the too hot soup from the table. "You remember Lunkhead from his strongman days at the circus? The minute I heard you broke out, I knew you'd be headed here. So I invited good old Lunk for some supper." Their uncle went behind the counter towards the microwave. "The 'just right' soup is for him, the 'cold is for me.' The 'too hot', that's for you, nephew." Their uncle turned the microwave on with the soup in it, making it even hotter for Jerome. Lunk had taken his foot off Jane, but just to get a better hold on Jerome. Their uncle looked down at Jane. "And you, niece," he sneered. "You get nothing like always, but don't worry. Once we're done with your brother, Lunk here has a good old fashion beating in mind for you."

Jane gulped as she watched the soup bubble. She was hoping it never stopped and went on forever so they never dealt with Jerome so they would never deal with her. 

However, it only took five minutes till it went off. Their uncle took the soup out with some gloves, careful not to burn himself, and brought it carefully over to Jerome, who had started fighting Lunk's arms. He started to beg a little and it brought back horrible memories of childhood. How Jane would wait anxiously for her beating while Jerome begged his way through his. She truly felt helpless again. Uncle Zach laughed. "Here, nephew. Have a taste of one of my three soups." Then he began to pour it all over Jerome's face and mouth. The steam coming off it was a clear indication on how hot the soup really was. "My sister had the wrong idea with you, keeping you around. She should have put you in a sack with some rocks and dropped you in the river!" The last drop fell and Jerome started gasping and coughing for air. "Put this creep out of his misery."

Jane's eyes went big. Oh no, was Zach planning on killing them both?

Then the bell went off and the last person she expected to walk in walked in: Bruce Wayne.

"Bruce?" Jane's voice was soft and went unheard. 

"What the hell are you doing?" Bruce demanded.

Their uncle just stared at the young billionaire. "Get outta here, kid. "

"No." Bruce glanced at Jane, his eyes softening a little bit before looking back at their uncle. 

"Look, kid, I appreciate a concerned citizen and all, but this is Jerome and Jane Valeska, psychos who broke out of Arkham tonight." Their uncle had turned back to them and really dug it in. "And what we're doing is giving them what they deserve." Jane gritted her teeth. She would show him how much of a psycho she was. 

"No one deserves that."

Jerome tried to speak but their uncle just yelled at him. "Shut up!"

Bruce, once again intervened. "Stop. Call the police, and they'll come for them."

Zach rolled his eyes. "Ah, jeez, let him go." Lunk dropped Jerome and he fell on the ground next to where Jane laid. "And get rid of the kid."

As Lunk went towards Bruce, Jane's eyes went towards Jerome's gun. She quickly grabbed it while Jerome held their uncle in a chokehold. "Look what we left lying around." Jerome muttered as Jane held the gun square in Uncle Zach's face. "Enough reliving old memories, Uncle Zach. Tell us what we wanna know. You know why we're here."