Chapter Nine

Chris

The students were working in groups to finish up their projects. I sat in the back of the class just thinking about Abrielle.

"Booker T. Washington group you are next." I announced to the class looking at the list.

I wanted to know what she was doing. Was she okay? But I can't worry about her anymore. I have my first child coming and nothing is more important than that.

Class was almost over but I still needed to talk to her. Because I did act like a ass.

Abrielle

"So apparently my family called the hospital and said they can't help me."

"What really?"

"Yeah." I said holding my forehead.

"Well look. How about I stay with you a couple days out the week. And the other days you can stay with me?" Terrie offers.

"Uh. Don't you stay with your family?"

"No my family live in the suburbs now. If you think Kim uppity you should meet my step moms. My dad from out south and he grew up in the hood. But you know she wasn't going for that.''

"What happened to your birth mother?'' I asked.

"She died from bone cancer." Terrie hung his head low trying not to let me see him cry.

"I'm sorry Terrie." I said and hugged him.

"My dad took it harder than I ever will. That's why I'm surprised he remarried." He said wiping his tears. "My parents are the strongest people i know. Especially my moms."

"I bet she was." I said rubbing his back.

"Okay enough of my emotional sh*t. How you want to do this. Because you need the help. I can't lose nobody else Abri. You need the therapy." He said holding both my shoulders.

"Let me think about it okay I'll let you know tomorrow."

"Alright well I need to go get ready for work." He said getting up.

"Ugh work I need to find a new job like seriously." I said thinking about all  the bills I'm going to have.

"Apply for some today. Be productive and comb that nest too." He said and kissed me on the lips and on my forehead.

"Shut up I will." I said hitting him but he dodged it. After he left I was left with my thoughts. Even though Terrie and I are mending our relationship it will take time. And Chris, I really need to get over him. I remember every place he touched and kissed.

My cellphone rang and it was him.

"Hello?"

"No moaning that's good to know."

"Is it possible for you not to be a asshole?"

"Alright I'm sorry but what do you expect? You laid up with me earlier and now you with him."

"First of all you married. I don't have any day in you're marriage so don't think you can speak about my relationships. Worry about you're baby,  I'm sure you're thrilled with Kim miraculously is pregnant." I snapped.

"Don't tell me what to worry about I'm a grown as man. I'm just trying to look out for you like I always have. "

"I never asked you too." The conversation got quiet after I said that.

"Was there anything you wanted to say. You called me for a reason?''

"I just wanted to check up on you. I know the doctor was going to call you today. "