Chapter 34

Micah

I've been trying to reach Abrielle all day today. Yesterday I ran into her at Jasmine's job. I had no fucking clue they worked together.

I sat on the edge of my bed scrolling through my messages and thinking if how I can meet with Abrielle somehow. I thought of the best idea.

Me: Kat I nd a favr.

Kat: Shoot.

Me: Cld u tell Elle u want 2 meet up with her? I need to tlk to her n she's ignoring me.

Kat: Okay what do I get out of this?

I shook my head and sucked my teeth say the message.

Me: Your bf's happiness.

Kat: I'll let ur ass slide 2day but I'll need a favor 1 day.

Me: Deal.

Kat: What's the place?

Me: Just text her this address. 2391 N Stockton Dr. Tell her to come after work. Text me if she confirmed.

Kat: K.

She will definitely come since she thinks Kat wants her to come. Now I needed to prepare. Should I bring flowers or would that be over the top? That probably would be since we're going to be surrounded by thousands of them.

I quickly hopped in the shower and blasted Drake in my condo getting into my feelings. Soon after I out on my clothes and slipped on my timbs.

Jr was with Jasmine finally. I swear I'm going to just take full custody of him because he doesn't deserve to be treated the way he is with her. He needs full attention and time from someone who really loves him. That's me.

I put on my coat and grabbed my keys. I locked up my crib and made my way to my truck.

Several minutes later I made my way to Starbucks. It was definitely cold out so I didn't want to meet her empty handed. I ordered and looked at my  clock and I knew Kat should be texting me soon, it was nearing 3:00pm.

"Micah?" The barista announced my name. I walked up and thanked them for the drinks and left a tip.

I made my way to my truck as the snow started to fall and cover the concrete.

Kat: She's  ohw, u owe me becuz she asked so mny q's and I made up bullshit.

Me: Ok thnks K, I owe you big time.

Kat: Np. N yes u do!

I cut off my screen and pulled out of the Starbucks parking lot. I made my way to the conservatory and hoped I found a park close but not too close so she wouldn't see my truck.

The snow started to fall in thick clumps. I finally made it and found a spot. I jumped out and grabbed the drinks and my umbrella. I knew we wouldn't be able to drink the coffee inside the place but it wouldn't hurt to drink it while the snow fell outside? I know I was bussing corny as shit but women loved when you tried.

Hopeful Abrielle like it. I stood outside the conservatory with the umbrella up. The umbrella was catching most of the fallen snow and it slid down the sides of the umbrella's fabric. I waited patiently for her to grace me with her beautiful face.

As I was about to sit the coffee down I saw a car pull along side the building.  I saw Abrielle get out and she thanked the driver. She walked toward me but she didn't notice me because if the umbrella.

"Would you like a cup of coffee miss?." I said as she was passing me. Lame ass shit but hey I need her to talk to me.

She looked at me trying to see through the thick snow. I put my massive black umbrella over the both of us and her eyebrows relaxed.

"Really Katherine?" She said to herself she said pissed she got tricked.

"Don't be mad at her I bribed her." I tried to defend Katherine.

"I bet." She said rolling her eyes. I balanced the umbrella in-between my arm and  handed her a cup of coffee.

She reluctantly took it.

"So what do you want?" She asked taking a sip.

"You've been ignoring me. I wanted to know what's going on between us." I confessed.

"I have really been thinking and I think I need to just stay away from men period. I've made some horrible decisions the past several months and I always depended on someone. I need to just depend on me and work on me." She sighed in relief, it looked like she was holding that in for a while.

"I'm irrational beyond belief. I almost made a huge mistake and I scared the shit outta myself." Tears started to trickle down her cheeks. I wiped them away and she touched my hand. 

"Micah, I know you're a good man. I know you work hard for yourself and your child. I don't want to corrupt you and have you thinking the things I think when I'm alone at night. I'm unstable, unreliable and just a fucking mess! Jus-Just stay away from me." Her shoulders shook as she sobbed heavily. I pulled her into my chest causing her to drop her coffee on the white snow. I dropped the umbrella and looked her into her eyes.

"You can't tell me what's good or not good for me, Abrielle. I'm a grown ass man, I can handle anything I put my heart into and I want to put my all into you. You just have to let me. Let me fucking in Abrielle." I held her face into my hands.

"I-I can't." Abrielle finally let out. I let go of her and she wiped her tears with her hand. 

"Abrielle, if I leave today thats going to be it."  She didn't look at me, she just stared at the ground. 

I wrapped my arms around her one last time and kissed her forehead. I put my umbrella in her hand and I walked away.

When I thought I finally found someone I thought could be the one I was mistaken again.