Bells

Last time on Tails and Ears

"What... just happened"

Naruto only smiled at him.

"Just a simple trick, 'is all"

Present

***

Kakashi eyed the laughing state of the yellow-haired boy, he was bewildered at the boy's skill. Sasuke only stared in curiosity at how he was able to take down his teacher that quickly.

The silver-haired man shook his head, scratching his neck in embarrassment. Naruto had stopped laughing, wiping his tears away with a sly grin on his face. He had noticed that Kakashi hasn't checked his bell yet.

"Suprised, eh?" Naruto innocently spoke, acting as if he did nothing wrong, but the smile plastered on his face was far from innocent. Kakashi grunted at his remark and walked over to Sasuke, helping him out of the ground.

*

Shina

I stared at the woman, begging for her to continue. I was curious at how twisted the story was.

"Rumours were said that after his wife's disappearance, the Fourth Hokage—Minato, would frequently sneak in and out of the forest," the blonde vocalized, tending at the medical instruments in the room.

"Theories were said how he found another woman—occasionally visiting her other say he was making deals with demons, trying to find his presumably dead wife,"

"But I knew the truth," She spoke soft, a pained smile painted on her face, solemn eyes looked up at me.

"He had a daughter"

*

Naruto

It was almost time, Kakashi had told us to take a small lunch break—bringing us to a place with three vertical logs, Sakura tied to one of them. I snickered at her solemn depressed state. Kakashi had disappeared, saying he will be back to resume the test.

There were three bento boxes on the grounds beside the logs, each containing food. I smiled in glee ran up to the food—Sasuke followed suit. I was about to dig in when I could feel Sakura's stare at me or precisely my food. I looked over at Sasuke, who was quietly enjoying his meal then to the other bento box who was supposedly for Sakura.

I took a quick glance at Sakura's state—tied up to the log, not being able to eat. My worst nightmare. I placed my food down and got up, walking towards Sakura's lunch. The two watched me as I picked up her box, her eyes widened.

"Naruto..." She spoke soft, glaring threateningly at me, my ears flicked at her tone—she was sounding like my sister like I'm about to do something I might regret.

I inwardly sweat-dropped but only gave her a quick smirk and opened the box while walking towards her. Sasuke had stopped eating, curious at what I was going to do.

I stood in front of her as I grabbed the dango with the chopsticks, my gaze never leaving hers. Her eyes widened at my actions, I carried it closer to myself...

"Don't you fu—"

"Eat." I quickly cut her off, nudging the dango to her mouth. She stared weirdly at me before hesitantly agreeing, opening her mouth. I beamed and gently put the food in her mouth, she took it and began to chew, giving me a lopsided smile.