The Beginning

Last time on Tails and Ears

"And how do you know this... about my healing abilities...?"

"I...know of your kind."

Present

Naruto

In the beginning, it was quite funny—hearing Shina thank someone that wasn't me, and even that was rare. When she was fighting the old woman, Shina used one of her strongest genjutsu arts; which was quite harsh. The only reason why the lady is still feeling the wound is that the hand is still in the genjutsu. For Shina to leave it on for that long must be putting a toll on her body.

As Shina started teasing the lady, the blond hurt her.

Hurt her.

She's hurt

My eyes widen at the lady's action. She told me she would help. The atmosphere got hostile—everyone was waiting for someone to make the first move. The ninjas in the back seemed to take a defensive stance while I, myself sat closer to my sister—preparing for anything. The woman seemed unfazed at the tension and ignored it.

Shina's inner-self was coming through— her eyes were changing from her normal emerald green to a glowing red. Her voice was changing pitch. Which worried me, she really didn't have much self-control. Ku used to say that the more tails as you age, the harder it was going to be to control.

The smell of blood hit me hard and I felt like my stomach drop, realizing something. Maybe I should've listened to Shina—all they do is hurt and I'm witnessing it right now... But are all humans truly like that?

As the silence grew and grew, waiting for something to happen. The woman said something that shocked me... How would she know of our kind?

As I was about to speak—Shina beat me to it.

"Wha—what, what do you mean by that?" Shina sounded shocked, her eyes changed back to their normal look. Instantly forgetting what the woman just did to her.

The woman kept quite, ignoring   Shina once again. Which I could see it was peeving her off a lot.

"We can talk about that later," the blond said, packing and cleaning up her medical instruments.

"Right now, I would like you to have a full recovery before we talk about anything"

"Why do I need to be recovered for you to answer me?" Shina spoke annoyed.

"Well, how am I supposed to show you around the village if you're hurt?" I glanced to look at my sister and Shina's expression turned from an annoyed looking one to a cold one.

I frowned, why did she look so mad?

"We're staying? Absolutely n—" Shina started but cut her self off, when I rated my paw on her thigh. She looked at me

'Please, you promised' I whined through mind-link. She didn't respond. She couldn't respond.

"Fine, I'll stay in the hospital" She turned, facing away from the lady who was smiled a little bit.

"Good! Now that we've got that out of the way, let's introduce ourselves," The blonde said, gesturing for the ninjas to come forth.

They looked to themselves, looking uneasy but eventually came up to the bed.

The blond woman spoke first, saying her name was Tsunade. She then gestured for the pink-haired to go.

"M-my name is S-sakura. Haruno Sakura" she spoke timid, her head down. I frowned and looked to Shina, she was giving her the death stare of the century. How sad.

"Uchiha Sasuke, " The emo-looking boy grunted out. He didn't really seem fazed of Shina's eyes staring deep into his soul.

"An Uchiha, huh," Shina said, smirking when the boy's eyes widen.

The Uchiha looked like he was going to say something but the older man beat him to it.

"My name is Hatake Kakashi, leader of Team 7" the silver man spoke nonchalantly. The boy grumbled but said nothing more.

Tsunade then gestured for Shina to go. Shina only glared but gave in a second later.

"Shina—just Shina," staring out the window.

"And this is Naruto" gesturing to me. I barked and smiled and wiggled my tails happily. Shina rolled her eyes.

"Well then, welcome to the Leaf Village"