Confession part 13

(A bit later..)

Natsu's POV

It's almost time.. please for the love of Mavis. I might die if she doesn't love me back. I've finally found the one thing Igneel told me to find. Love. Find someone you love enough to protect for the rest of your life. She's my best friend.

She's weird. Obnoxious. Violent. Caring. Loving. Determined. Kind. Warm hearted. She's beautiful.

I walk out of my house and lock the doors. You can do this.. just go over there and spill your heart. Tell her how much you love her and hopefully kiss her. Though I highly doubt she'd kiss someone like me.. she was raised in a mansion what do I have.. a shabby house and my scarf. I don't really stand a chance.

No no.. stop thinking like that. It's almost time to do it.

I get to the Lake and wait.. please. Show up. I'm pouring my everything into this.

Footsteps... I hear a leaf crunch and the sun is setting. The lake is dim and most of the light is being covered by the trees. Should I step out and let her see me...?

"Look.. I don't know who you are.. but, I can't-" I step out. "N-Natsu?!" She stutters.

"Hey Luce.." I quietly say.

"What are you doing here?" She says half confused.

"I was the one that sent you the letter. I put the flowers in your room.." I lightly kicked a rock sending it tumbling away.

"..why?" She says so quietly it could be counted as a whisper.

"Cause.." I stepped closer. "Lucy Heartfilia.. I'm in love with you." I say. I knew my face was pink. I knew I was blushing, but honestly who wouldn't be in my situation. "I've loved you since Phantom Lord, no maybe even before. Maybe that's why I decided to take you with me to Fairytail. I felt oddly drawn to your presence. I wanted you to notice me, I wished for compassion and kindness. When you first hugged me I felt so special, a-and when you jumped out that window knowing I would be there. I was happy it was me you thought of. Or during Alvarez... when you rewrote my book to keep me alive. And even when I was a demon END you still cared for me.. even though I'm a horrible monster. I care about you so much it hurts. Even the thought of losing you is scary. Even right now I know you'll regret me because I don't dese-" I was cut off by her soft strawberry scented lips.

"You dummy..." she says. "I love you too."

"Lucy.." I was crying. She took her left hand and wiped my tears.

"I'm supposed to be the one crying.. I'm so happy but the tears won't come out. I've loved you since Phantom Lord. I just was scared you wouldn't love me back." She smiled while holding me.

"I'm sorry I left. I'm sorry I left you so many times. And worried you, and left you alone. I promise to make up for that lost time." I held her close to my body holding her waist with one hand and the other cupping her face in my hand.

"I don't care.. I just want you to be with me.." she spoke.

"Let's take you home. Sorry for making you all the way out here." I say.

She shook her head, "our home."

Ba-dump.

"I love you."

"I love you too." She said kissing me.

Thank you. This is today. Tomorrow. And the rest of my future. I dedicate my entire being to keeping you safe.