Part 10

Natsu's POV

I finally finished changing and come out of the bathroom to see that Lucy is gone.

"The hell?" I whisper under my breathe.

I looked everywhere I could, though it was pointless since her apartment is too small to find anywhere to hide.

I see a sticky note on the table.

"Went ahead to the guild hall to look for a job hurry up."

Seriously Lucy? I sighed and jumped out of her window and headed to the guild. I really wanted to see her once I got out. Guess she could care less about waiting geez that's so nice of you Lucy.

I walk in and see Mira and Lucy laughing and talking.

"Hey Luce what's up?" I say grabbing her shoulder

"Oh nothing just talking to Mira bout this morning." She says

"Natsu who do you think likes her?" Mira says fully knowing it's now.

"I dunno probably Loke he's all over Lucy all the time." I say as bluntly as possible.

"No he's already asked me and I rejected." She says unbothered.

"Who do you want it to be?" I say

"We-Well I'm not ready to tell anyone so I'm not gonna tell you Natsu. At least not yet." She whispers the last part softly.

I feel my heart break slightly.

"You like someone Lucy?" I say trying to pry.

"Yeah.." She says blushing really hard.

"Well I know who it is but Lucy is shy about it." Mira says.

So Mira knows but not me? Dang Lucy.

"Mira!" Lucy says blushing.

"Wanna go on a job Lucy?" I say trying to get her to go since I didn't think the confession was a good idea anymore.

"I can't Natsu. I don't know who this is but I also don't wanna stand them up especially after I stood that guy from the library for you once." She says. For some reason I feel hurt and happy, hurt she'd rather meet someone she hypothetically doesn't know and happy cause she's willing to see him. Aka me.

"Ok Luce. I'm gonna go home to sleep see you tomorrow?" I say.

"Aw cmon at least hang out with me for a little bit Natsu." She says pouting.

I hold back my blush and end up laughing, "wow so Lucy admits I'm not that annoying to be around?"

"Ugh you're such an idiot, fine I'll just go home!" She finishes her drink and leaves the guild.

"That went well." I say to Mira

"No Natsu that went horrible!" Lisanna says from her hiding spot under the table.

"I thought I smelled you!" I say to Lis.

"That's weird but understandable since it's you but Natsu. I'd rather die than to hear to conversation again." Lisanna says straight forward.

"Harsh." I say extending the sh sound.

"Well I agree, Natsu that was so out of character for you." Mira says.

"It was cringed to listen to Huh..?" I say frustratingly.

"Just go home and shower and get ready Natsu. It's too late to hack down Lucy is expecting to see someone." Mira says pointing the obvious.

"And What was that about you wanting to take her on a job the same day your gonna confess?" Lisanna says

"I just got jealous.." I say sitting down and putting my head on the table.

"Of yourself? That's pathetic!" Gray says from behind me.

"Shut it ice stripper!" I yell

"Gray Natsu.. no fighting especially on his special day." Mira says, I smell Erza behind me so I back down.

"Juvia heard special day?" Juvia says from behind Gray.

"Yeah Natsu is gonna confess to Lucy." Gray says.

"Love Rival is getting a boyfriend today? I'm so happy for Lucy!"

"Well she doesn't like me she likes someone else."

Mira and Lisanna laugh and I just get frustrated.

"I'm going home to get ready. Might as well throw my dignity out the door too."