"We'll see," I tease. Ross rolls his eyes, dipping another chip into the guacamole.

As we finishing paying the bill, I collect all of my stuff and get ready to leave. As we walk toward the door, his hand was wrapped tightly around my waist as usual.

"Hayley," the smooth voice tickles my skin. "Did you know this fucker showed up to my job to fight me?" David says, referencing to Ross while speaking to the guy he was with.

I roll my eyes and grab onto his hand, pulling him with me harder before Ross has a chance to say a word back to him. Thankfully the car is parked right around the block. "Thanks for not saying anything," I mumble, my hand still tight in his.

"He's not worth it. I'm not trying to start anything," he replies. "I know it'll make you upset."

"Hey asshole," I hear someone scream from behind me. "You want to do this the fair way?" David asks, his friend right beside him.

We both turn around. "Fuck off," I yell back and continue pulling Ross with me.

"It was the fair way, buddy." Ross replies.

Of course, why can't he keep his mouth shut? I glare up at him.

"Come here then," David demands.

I pull his hand even harder as we approach the car. I unlock the door as David walks closer to us. "I'm not fighting you again. Especially not in front of Hayley so back off," Ross says.

I'm extremely nervous and I don't even know what to do.

"Please, just get in the car," I beg my boyfriend. "You're an ass, Dave. Nothing new from a few months ago when you forced yourself on me. So instead of encouraging him to fight my boyfriend who was only defending me, actually figure out what happened," I snap at his friend.

I open the passenger door and push Ross inside. He surprisingly doesn't fight me as I go around to the driver side.

"Alright, bitch. See ya," David screams.

I sit inside of the car and face Ross who is about to get out of the car. "Don't fucking move," I demand. "I'm serious."

He huffs and crosses his arms as I turn the car on to begin driving home. "I hate that you didn't let me do anything," he adds as we are halfway through the drive back to his place.

I shrug. "I don't want you to get in fights so I don't care if  you're mad over it."

"He's such an asshole. How did you even date him?" Ross questions, I can clearly see his frustration.

I sigh. "I don't know. I was stupid. I was attracted to the first guy who was actually nice to me. One who wanted to get to know me and figure me out," I shrug.

He nods as I continue driving. "You dated for two years, right?" He continues to question.

I nod. "Yes. I think I met you two or three months after catching him cheating?" I reply. Ross slides his hand out to rest it on top of my mine. "How long did you date Jamie?"

"It wasn't long. She was a bitch, remember?" His hand turns mine around to intertwine our finger. I nod as his thumb begins to rub against the top of my hand. "We were supposed to turn there," Ross points to the last street.

"I know," I say as I continue to drive in the direction I was going.

He looks back over to me with his eyebrows furrowed then turns to look back at the road. I think I know where I'm going so I make the appropriate turns. I see it click in Ross' head when he realizes where we were going.