[64] - Saw It Coming

"You can do this." 

I watched myself in the mirror inside the girls' bathroom. I can do this. 

Today I go back to school. After everything, I don't really know how it's going to go. I feel like I haven't been in a really long time. I'm nervous to catch up with all the work I'm supposed to, senior year really is tough.

I walked out and immediately bumped into someone.

"Kian," I smiled in greeting.

"Hey, Elena," he smiled brighter and pulled me into a small hug, "It's been a while. I've missed you."

"Yeah," I nodded as I pulled away, "I've missed you, too."

We spoke a little bit as he walked me to my locker. Already waiting was Madison, Lucy and Sasha. Once they spotted me, their faces flew into great smiles. They came over to me, all engulfing me into a big hug.

"Ah, we missed you Lena." Sasha smiled grabbing my hand.

"I missed you guys," I cooed with a smile. 

"I'll leave you girls to it," Kian smiled and gently pat me on my shoulder. With that, he walked away to his friends.

"So, how are you?" Madison asked, the three of them following me as I walked a few steps closer to my locker.

"I'm... dealing. I mean, it's hard of course, but... I just want to make him proud." I smiled as I finished my sentence. The memory of my dad was once sad, but now I think of how happy he was, and how he's watching over me now.

"Well, we'll be here every step of the way," Sasha rubbed my shoulders and giggled a little.

"I love you guys," I smiled widely towards the three of them and gave them all a big group hug. I can't believe I got so lucky with the people I'm surrounded by today. I'm so grateful for each and every one of them. And I know I say it a lot, but I really did luck out.

The bell had rung and we all quickly exchanged goodbye's before rushing off to home room. I hadn't seen Ethan all morning, and I was excited to. I made my way to home room with Lucy and immediately made eye contact with Ethan.

I almost missed the bouquet of flowers he held in his hands, as well as a small teddy bear, attached with a heart. On the heart, his name was carved in.

"What's this?" I giggled pathetically as I kissed him softly.

"It's Valentine's Day," he gave me an odd look as if I grew a second head.

Valentine's Day. How could I forget? I feel like such a horrible girlfriend now...

"Thank you," I smiled small, accepting the gifts. I smelt the roses and a gentle hum vibrated on my lips in satisfaction of the smell. I put the small teddy bear into my bag for safe keeping.

Ethan sat down beside me, lifting his legs up on the table like he usually does. I didn't scold him for it this time, because I felt bad for not getting him anything for Valentine's Day, or Cupid Day my school likes to call it.

"Ethan..." I began, placing my hand softly on his thigh, causing him to take in a sharp breath.

"It's okay," he nodded softly, placing his hand on mine, "I wasn't expecting you to get me anything. I got you this just purely out of love."

I lifted my hand to his chin and gripped it, pulling his face closer to mine so I could kiss him. He kissed me back, but I had to pull away before we started doing things you shouldn't do in a classroom.

"Get a room you two," Lucy pretended to gag behind us. We both chuckled.

***