[35] - I'm Thankful For You

Today was thanksgiving, and we were having a big dinner. Ethan's family was coming to join us, as well as Dylan's girlfriend, Alyssa.

Dad was rushing around the whole house, trying to clean it, while mom was busy cooking all these meals. Maya had gone out to buy some new fancy plates and cutlery, and Dylan was helping dad clean.

Yes. My family goes all out.

"Honey, pass the salt," mom called out from across the kitchen. I was forced to help cook, as mom didn't think she could handle it all on her own.

"Mom, we still have 4 hours until they come," I chuckled, cutting some apples.

"Turkey takes a long time to cook," she complained, "plus, I have all these other dishes."

I nodded, and continued to cut stuff.

I felt my phone vibrate, and I pulled it out and read the message.

Ethan:
happy thanksgiving baby💋💋
can't wait to see u tonight 😏

Elena:
i hot stocly fongers

Ethan:
umm what

Elena:
i jabe dicky fongrs

Ethan:
... I'm just going to call you

I rolled my eyes and then felt my phone ring, and I pressed the accept button and held it up to my ear, using my shoulder. I continued cutting.

"Hello?" I spoke.

"What the hell were you saying?" Ethan laughed on the other end.

"I got sticky fingers!" I yelled as I laughed.

"Hi Ethan," my mom called out making him laugh.

"Hi, Ms Salgado," he spoke as he stopped laughing.

"Lauren!" She yelled and laughed.

"Anyways," I said, cutting off their conversation.

"I only called you because I wanted to hear your voice," he spoke, and I could just imagine the smirk he had on his face.

I giggled as I stopped cutting and went up to my room, "I won't be long, mom," I called as I ran upstairs.

"Already cooking?" Ethan asked as I went into my bathroom. I put him on speaker so I could place my phone down and wash my hands.

"My family is going crazy, I swear," I rolled my eyes although he couldn't see, "they want to make a good impression on your parents."

"That's funny, because my parents went out shopping to buy outfits, so they could make a good impression on your parents," he laughed.

I laughed and then brought the phone back to my ear, "is Grayson coming tonight, too?"

"Yep," Ethan sighed.

"Don't be like that," I chuckled and shook my head.

We continued talking for an hour, until I realised I'd been up here too long and mom needed me. I quickly said goodbye, and ran downstairs, and saw Maya helping mom.

"You've been replaced," Maya teased, and started seasoning the turkey.

"Sorry, mom," I bit my lip as I ignored Maya.

"It's fine, Maya got home as soon as you went up anyways," she smiled.

I decided to help Dylan and dad with the house for another hour, until I decided to go get ready. I ran upstairs and into my bathroom, and locked the door. I quickly slipped out of my clothes and set the shower temperature. I jumped in once it was warm enough and started to bathe.