Chapter 45 (final chapter)

Our love will last forever I promise...

Phil: "Dan! Dan! Dan! Please...please...please stay strong bub."

Phil was in the hospital while running and grabbing on the bed Dan was on. The whole time he was running to the emergency room he was holding Dan's hand. They were white as snow and cold as ice.

Nurse: "I'm sorry sir but you can't enter this room, just stay out here and we'll call you later."

Phil pushes the nurse's arms down trying to break through the barrier that the nurse was creating. But more nurses added and security guards pushed Phil back. Phil started to yell in pain. Just a few years ago he was in the same situation yelling for Dan to come back. In the hospital Dan was lying there unconscious while Phil was staying strong for him.

Phil begged: "Please just for once let me in that room, I need to see him. You don't understand!"

Phil started to breathe really heavily and sweat dripping down his forehead.

Nurse: "We can't do that sir, just sit down and calm down. Your friend will be fine."

Phil: "Calm down? A friend? You don't understand anything. You see that man in that room." Phil points at the emergency room. "He is more than a man. More than a friend. He is a person I love and the only person I love. I'm not going to calm down when I know that any minute there is a high chance he will not survive. I was so close to losing him. Very very very close. A few years ago I'm standing in the same spot where I found out that Dan nearly died. He only survived because of a miracle and you are telling me to calm down? No. You don't know how it feels to nearly lose a person that I love with my whole heart, someone who made me, me. That person in that room changed lives and especially my life. And now he is fighting for his! Do you know how hard it is? Dan went through the toughest shit to be where he is now! But he is the strongest, most caring person I know and he will do anything to make people happy. We done a tour to give the people what they want. Cause he told me that if there was ever a day where he would be gone he would want the whole world to be happy and leave a mark in his history. So don't tell me to calm down! Cause you don't know my life with him. He is my bear, my love. I love him."

The nurse walked away and looked back.

Nurse: "I'm sorry sir, he is strong and you will both make it through."

Phil looked at the wall where a few years ago he punched the wall with anger. A flash of memories flew by. From the day where Dan passed out to the day where he told Dan he loved him.

Phil: "Memories will be kept forever, no matter how long..."

Doctor: "Hello Philip?"

Phil looked at the doctor with sweat and tears travelling down his face.

Doctor: "Mr Howell is in serious condition and he will have to stay in hospital, you can stay with him in his room or go home and get his things and come back tomorrow."

Phil looked down.

Phil: "I'll come back tomorrow, I feel like it's best to get his things so when he wakes up he can have his stuff there for him."

Phil started to walk away from the doctor. But was interrupted.

Doctor: "We don't know if he will wake up. The condition he is in is worse than last time he was here. After the tests we took and I called Dan's mum a few days ago about his health. And he isn't doing well. Do you know why?"

Phil: "No, all Dan told me was that his sickness got worse."

Doctor: "Yes it did, he was supposed to take medication to keep his heart and brain going. You see Philip, Dan's heart beats very slowly now and he can't remember as much since his comatose. And those medications were there to keep them stable but he doesn't take them and recently his heart has been beating faster and faster and faster. As he is with you all the time his heart beats faster as he is with someone he loves. Dan's mum told me that Dan ran away from his school to be with you which he shouldn't have done. And especially you not knowing about his health. But today his heart couldn't really handle it. Was there anything you done today which may have caused his heart to beat faster?"