Gavin in his suit

Walking up to her I smiled. “You look amazing tonight Simone.” “Thank you look very handsome yourself Gavin.” I was about to speak when this couple walked in looking like human highlighters but brighter. “OMG” Simone said squinting her eyes. “Who” I was so speechless and blind I couldn’t even get the sentence out. “Steve’s parents,” Simone says. 

Steve's parents outfit [not his parents]

They walk closer to us “Why are they coming over here?” “Gavin” “They blinding you to Simone.” “Mr. Langford. It’s nice to meet you. Our son talks about you all the time. Please forgive me I’m Belinda and this is my husband Fred. We are Steve’s parents.” She rushed out. “It’s a pleasure to meet you both.” “Is this your beautiful wife?” I smile. “Simone and I have a son together.” “AHHHHH! Your Simone. Steve talks about you and your all the time. Would yall be fine with him coming over to our sometimes.” I looked down at Simone who was still squinting her eyes in attempts to dim the colors they were wearing. “Yes that is fine with us,” Simone said. “Belinda lets go see if they got pigs in a blanket.” “we will be back soon.” She said as they walked off.

“I owe Steve an apology. I thought he was lying about his parents.” Before I could say anything Allen walks in. Simone must have noticed when I tensed up. ‘What is it.” She asked looking at me full of concern as she followed my eyes. “I think I remember him from when I was in school. I use to use him with Maddie every now and then. I wish she was here. It’s strange I thought I saw her earlier. I suppose it was just wanting to find and see my best friend again.” She said with sadness in her voice.  

“She is here Simone”  “I want to see her. I can't wait and her and Jonah to meet.” “Jonah knows about her?” “Yeah. I told him.” “Simone you see that long corridor.” “Yes” “Go down and I will find her and bring her to where you are.” “Thank you,” She said with a warm smile then walked off.

‘it’s better if you hear this from Maddison yourself Simone. Hopefully, we will get more answers.’

Getting my phone I text both Allen and tell them to meet me in the other ballroom down the hall where Simone is waiting at. Quickly walking down the corridor to beat them in the room and wait for Simone.

“Gavin  thought Ma-“ “She is on her w-“ Before I could finish Allen walked in. “Hey beautiful” He said to Simone then winked at her. “Hi,” She said as Maddison walked in.

“MADDISON”   Simone yelled and ran to hug her.

“Simone,” She said with tears falling from her eyes. My heartache filled up for Simone because she was about to see what kind of friend she said. Sad part I can't shield her from the pain and heartbreak.

“Simone that’s Allen,” I say harshly. “Why are you and Allen here? I thought I was going to be Maddie to reconnect.” “Simone there are some things you need to know. Isn’t that right Allen, Maddison.” I say. “Whats going on” Simone says. “I just find out everything. It’s better you hear from them.”

“Simone as you know I’m Allen, however, I knew you when you were high school because of  Maddie. I want to apologize to you up front.” “Apologize for what” “Allen and Gavin” Maddison says with tears rolling down her face. “Please don’t.” “Buttercup it’s too late.” Allen said.  

“Maddison are you going to be her ‘best friend’ and tell her?” Allen also said.

                      Simone 

The atmosphere in the room has shifted and I can't read any of their faces. My heat starts beating uncontrollably.

“SOMEBODY TELL ME” I yelled out.

“Maddison set everything up between us.” I took a deep breath and blew it out. “Gavin I know that. She pushed and pushed.” “Darling that’s not what Gavin means. You were nothing more than a bet that Maddie here set up.”

“Your lying,” I  say softly. The room fell silent yet it was so loud.

“Maddison,” I said looking at her. “This is a lie. Tell them to stop lying on you.” She remained silent. “MADDISON” I yelled. “That’s just the tip of it, sweetie.” I walked over him stood in front of his face. “Tell me then”  

I became numb at everything he was saying ‘til I became paralyzed with heartbreak and betrayal followed by pain and rage I couldn’t control. I turn to look at Maddison. “Why did you do this to me?” “Before she answers you might want to ask her what else she is hiding,” Gavin said. “Is it more”

“I had an affair with you dad Simone”

I couldn’t move. Feeling all the blood rush out my body. “you what” “It was before Gavin. I knew he would be home alone. I lied to him about my age. This affair was about a month and a half. Walking up to Maddison, I looked at her with disgust as I slapped her face with all my might. “Darling you think that’s the extent of her damage to you, your sadly mistaken.” Allen said. 

“What else is it Maddison” “Simone please” “What you fucked my mom and brothers too?” “No.” “WHAT” “Do you remember the teacher Mr. Hunts. He thought so highly of you” I stayed silent  “I told the principal and school board I caught yall having sex several times and he lost his job.” “You demented bitch. Why the fuck would you tell these lies. “ “Don’t forget to tell her what other secrets you're keeping Maddison.”

Tears fell from her eyes more “Don’t fucking cry now bitch. Talk”

“I got Allen to get me some ecstasy and roofies and one night at a party I begged you to go to I slipped them in your drink.” She broke down crying more “Tell her Maddison. She deserves to know the truth. “I paid two.  I paid to girls to go down on you and basically do what they wanted. Allen and I watched. I gave him head while he watched.”

“where the fuck was I. I don’t remember this.” Gavin said as I felt so violated and sick to my stomach.

“I gave you something in your drink and sent to girls in another room with you,” Allen said. Say Gavin went jumped on Allen punching over and over in the face.

When Gavin got up. He stood in front of. “Simone” I heard but it didn’t register. I felt movement from Gavin before he could speak I went over to Maddison punched her in her face.

Picking her head up slamming it repeatedly on the floor before punching her in the face. “YOU FUCKING BITCH.” Feeling arms around me “Simone I got you.” Gavin said. I kicked Maddison twice with the heels on my shoes.

“I want a divorce” Gavin said. I stopped moving “you married her.” I said as Maddison got up. “I did she is also the one who told me that when you left you went to have an abortion and didn’t want to come back and have to see me every day.” “That’s not true. I sent that bitch pictures of Jonah when was born and some a little bit after that.”  “Maddison you knew Jonah was alive. ALL THIS FUCKING TIME. YOU FUCKING KNEW” 

I walked over and backhanded slapped Maddison on her right cheek then again on her left. “That’s for Jonah.” I looked over at who was still on the floor but getting up. Stepping on his hand with my heel as he screamed out in agony. “That’s nothing compared to hell you brought me. Sorry ass bastard.” Removing my foot before I could turn he spoke “Gavin didn’t know. He’s a victim too. I’m sorry for my part in all of this.” I just looked at him before kicking him in his balls.

“Gavin when did you find out. Some earlier today but I was told it was more but had no clue it was this.” Before walking out I stopped as asked. “Why did you do all this to me. I thought you were my friend I thought you always had my best interest at heart that’s why I trusted you.

“You didn’t love me, Simone.” “The fuck are you talking about. Yes, I did.” “You knew I wanted you said no. I slowly took everything that you loved away including Gavin.”  I punched Maddison again as she fell to the floor.

Walking back to the party I see Keith dancing with another woman. As I get closer I  see him pull back to look at her admirably as they begin to kiss.

“Keith wh-“ I stopped when I saw the person he was kissing. “Gwen”

Comment:

Vote:

Share: