Scene 32 - End

EXT. A.C.O.R.D. FACILITY - NIGHT

The facility and the surrounding forest is burning. Bright reds and blues light up the sky.

Ember Cortez, bruised and battered, shambles out of the facility, hair, eyes, and outfit bright blue and jet white. The rest of the team has already escaped the building. Ember is unfazed by the fire. She stops within sight of her comrades.

EMBER

(shouting)

Everyone!

The other supers halt their conversations, and all turn to face Ember in her unrecognizable form.

EMBER

(normal volume)

On this day, we shall all stand proud. On this day, we shall remember that we have claimed our liberation.

The Allura sisters glance at each other, worried looks on their faces.

EMBER

No longer will we be restrained by the chains of society. Sidelined, ignored, discriminated. Captured and tested upon by the worst of people. We have gutted these forces and destroyed the vilest scum and their facility soon after.

Ember's voice gradually raises throughout her speech. The majority of the team, including Bliss Allura, start to become excited by the speech, while some of them, such as Blithe Allura, become visibly uncomfortable.

EMBER

We are in control now. A.C.O.R.D. has no power over us anymore. Together we will create a society where nobody can or ever will be above us ever agai—

BLITHE

Ember, what's going on? You don't seem to be acting quite like yourse—

Ember swiftly but slightly burns the ends of Blithe's hair without hurting her as a warning.

BLITHE

(distressed)

Agh! Ember, what the—

EMBER

Silence. Do not stand in my way, Blithe. We shall not be stopped by anyone who dares to be an obstacle in our path to freedom, for we have earned this victory—together. Together, we have fought. Together, we have lived and died and grieved. For Hannah, for Leroy—for everything we have lost, and for everything we have to gain. I shall not let the losses this cause has cost us be in vain. For this, I will not hold back against our foes. For this, I will not back down. In the name of our fallen comrades, I will not let anything stand in the way of our liberation!

The excited majority of the team, along with Bliss, raise their arms and cheer in unison.

Close-up on Ember's face.

EMBER

(whispering)

But what does that make me?

DISSOLVE TO:

EXT. FOREST - SUNRISE

The supers are following Ember back to camp, her flames lighting the way through the night. The Allura sisters are walking next to each other.

BLITHE

Oi, Bliss.

BLISS

Hm?

BLITHE

Aren't you at least the slightest bit worried about this?

BLISS

About what?

BLITHE

What Ember was saying back there.

BLISS

What do you mean? She's going to make us a new society. A better society, where nobody will ever discriminate against us again. Why should I be worried? You should be excited!

BLITHE

I don't know, Bliss. I just have a bad feeling about this all.

BLISS

Chin up, Blithe. I think you're worrying about this a little too much.

BLITHE

(annoyedly)

Yeah, sure I am, Bliss. But perhaps you're right...

CUT TO:

Close-up focusing on Blithe.

BLITHE (V.O.)

I can't say this is the most well-thought-out plan I've ever heard. Ember is a good speaker, I will give her that, but there are a number of factors she doesn't seem to have considered. For instance, while she has destroyed the fundamental infrastructure of A.C.O.R.D., I think she was getting a little ahead of herself with the whole "chains of society, path to freedom" thing since she hasn't even begun to do anything about the government or society as a whole. Come to think of it, society's probably going to love us even more once news of what happened here gets out to the public, and the government isn't going to think better of us, either.

Blithe's expression becomes more worried and the voiceover goes silent as she walks and looks towards Ember, who is still radiating light blue and white flame.

BLITHE (V.O.)

However, to Ember's credit, I can admire the authoritarianism present in her leadership. I've always admired an iron-fisted leader.

DISSOLVE TO:

Panoramic aerial view of the forest and the path the supers are taking.

BLITHE (V.O.)

While I'll remain a bit wary of her due to her evident short-sightedness and some of the strange wording she used in her speech, I will follow her leadership regardless. I don't like having to kiss up to people—never have. But for now, I'll try to gain her trust in other ways. Perhaps I'll keep helping her with tasks like I've been doing every now and then. But really, the main thing I want out of all this is just one thing: to see what happens next.

CUT TO BLACK

END CREDITS