Scene 24 - Meeting Creed 2

EXT. ALLIES' CAMP - NIGHT

At the camp, the cell is still being used. Darkness surrounds the room as you could barely see there was someone in the cell alone.

DISSOLVE TO:

INT. ALLIES' CAMP - Night

Richard Creed finishes his side of the story as he can see Ember's face starting to get fierce red and light up the darkness of the room.

RICHARD CREED

(Macabre)
Your parents were great people and great subjects. But things had to be done so we could be where we are now.

Ember quickly remembers her family, then stops and thinks. Richard already knows she is thinking about her parents. Ember looks up, eyes looking like a raging fire.

EMBER

It was you. This whole entire time, I've been alone, afraid, and shameful of myself for almost my whole life. But it was you. WHY?

RICHARD CREED

As I said, it had to be done. Your parents gave us a great discovery and a great boost to our organiza-

Ember quickly interrupts as her voice grows with anger.

EMBER

(angry)

Your organization? Do you mean that prison where you keep innocent people?

Richard bangs on the bars of his prison and throws Ember off.

RICHARD CREED

(threatening, yelling)

Innocent people? Innocent people! Well, those innocent people have dangerous abilities that killed my family. Those innocent people didn't come back and instead left me in pain. Pain that has been growing ever since.

Ember walks back up to Richard, hands glowing red.

EMBER

Just because your family was killed by bad people doesn't mean you had to kill mine!

Suddenly, the room starts to heat up really fast. The candle's flame grows brighter and turns to a bluish-white. Richard begins to sweat as he struggles to breathe. Ember controls her powers like never before. She keeps going as the fire starts to spread. Richard starts to cough and choke.

EMBER

(menacing)

How does it feel, huh? How does it feel to know there's no escape from the heat that surrounds you? Tell me! Because my family felt this same pain by YOUR hands!

Apollo immediately feels the heat build-up from a nearby room.

APOLLO

(concerned, yelling)

Ember, NO!

Hannah and Apollo go to the room's door. Hannah makes a bubble against the door and wall. POP! The door explodes open. Apollo sees Ember but can barely recognize her.

APOLLO

(concerned)

EMBER! Don't do it!

Ember turns around. Richard starts to yell as he's getting burned badly.

EMBER

(angry)

He did it, Apollo. He is the reason why I'm alone. And now he should pay the price and suffer the same way my parents did!

APOLLOApollo

You are not alone! You've got your team. You've got Hannah and the girls and me and the guys. Don't let that go because of this. Because then you'd be proving his point.

Let go of the past.

Focus on what's important now.

You are not him.

You are better.

Ember starts to calm down, and so do the flames, but Richard is still burning.

HANNAH

You're better than this, Ember.

Ember puts out the fire in less than a second. The whole room is burned and traced with smoke. Richard was knocked out from the heat and burned from the fire. Ember turns around, crying.

EMBER

(crying)

I'm sorry.

(beat)

He killed my family.

APOLLO

It's ok.

Hannah gives Ember a hug.

HANNAH

(sympathetic)

It's ok. At least you taught him a lesson.

Ember and Hannah chuckle and turn back to look at Apollo. A GUARD and Alexander walked in. Alexander heals Creed before he can die.

EMBER

What are we going to now?

APOLLO

You know what? We need a break from all...

(beat)

...This.

All the supers leave the room. CREED watches with a smirk on his face.