16- Surprise? Part 2

Y/N's P.O.V.

"What do you think about stopping this apocalypse and then getting married?"

"I- uh..."

"I swear to God if you don't say yes I will kick your ass." I froze as the bathroom door opened behind him and an irritatingly familiar person appeared. I felt my blood boil as she grinned at me, before hugging Diego from behind. Diego visibly tensed and I scoffed.
"Of course, you know what? Forget it."

"Y/N- wait!" Diego moved forward and grabbed my wrist, causing me to push him away.

"Don't touch me." I spat.
"Not after you've just touched her."

"You... You know each other?" Diego said in an awkward tone and I glared at her. She was wearing shorts that were only just visible under one of Diego's shirts. She was also clearly not wearing a bra, I noticed as she detached herself from him.

"Remember a few months after we first met and I told you about that girl who made my life at the orphanage a living Hell?" I asked, trying to hold back tears of anger and heartbreak.
"Meet Alana Green, the same bitch."

"Look who's talking." She smirked, crossing her arms over her chest.
"The freak who was such a slut she had 3 boyfriends from the age of 12 and only broke up with them because one died or whatever."

"Alright, that's enough. Y/N, this is not what it looks like, I swear." Diego said to me as he stepped in between us.
He put his hand on my shoulder and I pushed him away.

"I said don't touch me." A tear fell and Alana stuck out her bottom lip in a mocking way.
"It took a lot for me to come here, apologise and ask you to marry me, just to find you with a slut who you've just finished having sex with. 1 hour, Diego. That's how long it took for you to find someone else."

"Y/N- please." Diego said and now I couldn't hold back the tears.

"I'm done, Diego. I don't want to hear your bullshit excuses." I walked out, furiously swiping away my tears and once I made it outside I looked at my bike, feeling so much rage and hurt. I left it, walking back to the academy, knowing it was closer than my apartment.

"Y/N- have you been crying?" Allison asked as soon as I walked in.

"Is Klaus here?" I asked quietly and she shrugged.

"He might be upstairs, I don't know." I headed towards the stairs.
"Hey, has something happened?"

"Like you actually care." I muttered under my breath, going to Klaus' room. I knocked on the door and he appeared a few seconds later.

"What happened? Are you hurt?" He asked as soon as he looked at me, worry lacing his tone.
"Y/N, talk to me." He hugged me and I completely broke down, hugging him back. He helped me inside his room and sat me down on the bed.

"D-Diego cheated on me." I sobbed and Klaus looked genuinely surprised.
"He asked me to marry him. I panicked and said no. Then I went to apologise and a bitch I used to know was there in one of his shirts."

"Y/N, cheating isn't something Diego would do." Klaus said reassuringly.

"Really? 'Cause you weren't there Klaus." I said shakily and he hugged me again, before the door swung open.

"Am I interrupting?" Five asked and I looked at him, causing his eyes to widen.
"You look like shit. Who do I have to kill?" He asked with a serious expression and - considering everything - I got a protective-older-brother type of vibe from him.

"Me?" I sighed, before telling Five what happened.

"Where is she? I need to explain." I heard Diego's muffled voice ask and I froze.
"I know she's here, Allison, she left her bike at my place and I've already been to her apartment."

"Whatever you did to her, she's pissed and hurt. Maybe you should just leave her alone for a while?" I heard Allison reply and I looked at them both.

"I can't talk to him, not now." I whimpered and Five nodded. He took my hand, before special jumping me to his room.

"Sorry, Y/N, but you have to talk to him." Five sighed and I looked at him confusion.
"It sounds like he cheated, it does, but it's Diego. He may act like a, for lack of better words, slut, but he's not that type of guy. You should know that better than anyone." He disappeared and dread filled me.

"What the-" I stepped back as he reappeared with Diego, before leaving and closing the door behind him.
That little bastard.
"Y/N, I'm sorry, but I didn't sleep with her." Diego said quickly and I went to the door to open it, finding it was locked.

"Shit. Please, no." I whispered, feeling my heartbeat increase speed as I began to panic. This couldn't be happening.

"Y/N, I walked into her and she covered herself in her coffee. I let her borrow one of my shirts as I washed hers- Y/N?" My breathing was quick and uneven as I crossed my arms over my chest, trying to stop my trembling.
"Hey, look at me."

"No- just don't. Just-" he cut me off by wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his chest.

"Y/N, I would never do anything to hurt you. I promise you." He said and I melted into his embrace as I continued to shake and cry.
I hated feeling this weak and pathetic.
Diego stayed with me until my panic attack stopped/calmed down and even then we ended up sitting on Five's bed and apologising to each other, before hugging until we both fell asleep.