6- Time for a funeral

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Y/N?" Allison asked as Diego put me down in a chair.

"I'm fine." I replied and Diego scoffed.
"I am."

"Your ankle is sprained and you could have a concussion." Diego said angrily and I rolled my eyes.

"What?!" Vanya and Allison screeched.

"Ha, Five! You're fat." Klaus laughed and I shook my head.

"We should take you to the hospital." Vanya said.

"I'm fine." I said stubbornly and Luther moved towards me.

"Don't." Diego snapped.
"She said she's fine."

"Diego are you insane?" Allison asked and I noticed how Five was too busy making his sandwich to care, it was almost amusing.

"What's the date? The exact date?" Five asked suddenly.

"March 24th." I said calmly.

"Good." Five responded. Luther and Diego looked ready to kill each other.

"Are we going to talk about what just happened?" Luther asked, irritated.

"Which part?" Klaus asked and this time I laughed a little. Five didn't say anything and Luther glared at him.
"It's been 17 years."

"It's been a lot longer than that." Five scoffed, jumping behind Luther.

"Where'd you go?" Diego asked and Five continued to make his sandwich.

"The future. It's shit, by the way."

"Called it." I said at the same time as Klaus and he gave me a high five.

"I should have listened to the old man." Five sighed.
"You know, jumping through space is one thing, but jumping through time is a toss of the dice."

"How long were you there?" Luther asked.

"45 years, give or take." My eyes widened and everyone sat back down.

"So... you're 58 years old?" Luther asked and Five finished his disgusting marshmallow and peanut butter sandwich.

"No, my conscious is 58. Apparently, my body is 13 again." Five said a little harshly.

"How does that even work?" Vanya asked quietly.

"Delores kept saying the equations were off." Five chuckled, eating his sandwich.
"I bet she's laughing now."

"Delores...?" Vanya asked, but got no reply as Five picked up the newspaper.

"I guess I missed the funeral?" Five sighed.

"How'd you know about that?" Luther asked.

"What part of the future do you not understand?" Five sassed and I smirked, seeing Diego mirrored my facial expression. Five left, saying something about the 'circle of life'.

"That was interesting." Luther mumbled.

~

The rain poured down as we stood in the rain. Diego was letting me use him as a sort of crutch.

"Did something happen?" Grace asked with a smile and I looked down at the ground.

"Dad died, remember?" Diego asked quietly.

"Oh yes, of course." She replied quietly and Diego sighed.

"Is mom okay?" Allison asked.

"Yeah she just needs to rest, you know, recharge." Diego said. Pogo came out and looked at Luther.

"Whenever you're ready, Dear Boy." Luther tipped out the ashes and there was a lot less than I was expecting. Diego looked at his brother in disbelief, whereas Klaus just looked guilty.

"Probably would have been better with some wind." Luther mumbled awkwardly.

"Does anyone wish to speak?" Pogo asked and when no one answered he sighed. Diego held my hand, squeezing it slightly.
"Very well. In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master and my friend and I shall miss him very much. He leaves behind a complicated legacy-"

"He was a monster." Diego interrupted.

"He wasn't my father, but after what Diego, Klaus and Ben told me, he was ignorant, selfish, rude, cruel. The list goes on." I said with a straight face and Diego squeezed my hand again as Luther glared at us. Klaus was almost doubling over with laughter as he giggled like an excited schoolgirl.

"He was a bad person and a worse father." Diego continued.
"The world is better off without him."

"Diego." Allison interrupted.

"My name is Number Two." Diego said stubbornly.
"You know why? Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had mom do it."

"Would anyone like something to eat?" Grace asked and I looked at her.

"No thank you." She smiled and nodded her head.
"What he means is; if you want to pay your respects, go ahead. But at least be honest about what kind of a man he was." I said and I noticed Pogo giving us a look of disappointment.

"You should both stop talking now." Luther said and I sighed, knowing where this was headed.

"You know, you of all people should be on our side here, Number One." Diego said, letting go of my hand and stepping out from under the umbrella. After everything he did to you. He had to ship you millions of miles away."

"Diego, stop talking!" Luther said and I rolled my eyes.

"That's how much he couldn't stand to see the sight of you!" Diego yelled. Luther tried to punch him and he dodged it and the next few. They continued to throw punches and it was honestly kind of amusing.

"Boys! Stop this at once!" Pogo shouted and Klaus pushed Five behind him, earning a glare from the boy in uniform.

"Come on big boy!" Diego yelled as he landed a few punches.

"Stop it!" Vanya shouted.
"Y/N do something!"

"Hit him! Hit him!" Klaus called and I laughed a little.
Pogo turned to go inside and Luther practically threw Diego across the courtyard.
Five muttered something, walking away and Diego dodged another hit, causing Luther to hit the statue of Ben. Vanya and Allison flinched.

"And there goes Ben's statue." Allison sighed, walking away. This was going too far now.

"Diego no!" Vanya yelled as Diego threw a knife. It cut Luther's arm and he looked at Diego in shock. Shock turned to rage and Luther went to charge at Diego.

"Enough." I dropped my umbrella, holding both of my hands out and stepping in between them.
"You're going to kill each other." I said, before lowering my hands. Luther stumbled back inside and Vanya glared at Diego and I.

"You could have stopped all of this." She said to me.
"And you just never know when to stop."

"You got enough material for your next book, yet?" Diego asked her and she stormed off inside. Diego looked at me, before nodding and we both went over to Grace.
"Come on, let's get you inside."