15 - Surprise?

Hehehe... 69 votes

Y/N's P.O.V.

"So the world's gonna end in 3 days." I sighed, leaning back against Diego.
"Do you want to tell them?"

"What? About us?" I hummed in response.
"If they haven't already guessed, they obviously don't care."

"You're right. Luther would probably bitch about it, Allison wouldn't care, neither would Five. Klaus kind of already knows and Vanya... I haven't seen her in a while." Diego was tracing lines over my hands
"So what are we gonna do? Kill this Jenkins guy and what?"

"Marry me?" Diego asked and I turned to look at him.

"What?" I asked in confusion and a pink tint covered his cheeks.

"Y/N, I've known you for years. After the last 5 years I've fallen for you, hard. I can't lose you again, like when we were kids. So even though we've been dating for less than a week, let's stop the apocalypse and then will you marry me?" I looked at him in disbelief and there was worry in his features. My heart and brain were screaming two different things at me and I stood up and left the room.
I wanted to say yes, I loved him.
I wanted to say no, it was way too soon.

"Woah, Y/N. Watch where you're walking." Allison said as I bumped into her I looked up at her and a tear fell.
"Y/N? Christ, what happened?" I shook my head and walked past her, but she followed me, pulling me into her room and closed the door.
"What's wrong?"

"Diego just- he just," I stuttered and Allison patted the seat next to her on the bed.

"Y/N, I know we haven't always gotten along, but you can talk to me." She said softly.
"What did he do? He didn't hurt you did he?" I shook my head, no.

"He p-proposed, sort of." Her eyes widened in surprise.
"The bet ended. He lost. Five saw right through him and told him to tell me the truth." I laughed slightly.

"Y/N, that's great. Do you love him back?" I nodded my head shly and Allison grinned.
"That's amazing, but why are you so upset? You've basically been dating for 5 years."

"Yeah, but nothing was ever official. If we ever got in a large argument, we could have just called off the bet, walked out. Right now, you know better than anyone that it's not that easy with marriage." She sighed and nodded her head.

"You love him, Y/N. He loves you. You and Diego are like soulmates and it's so sweet, it can be sickening at times. All I can say is that you don't want to ruin that. When he asked, did you give him an answer?" I shook my head and she sighed.
"It probably took a lot of guts for Diego to ask you. You should go and apologise, give him a real answer."

"Thanks Allison." I smiled at her awkwardly and she nodded her head. I went back downtown in hope of finding Diego, but I had no such luck.

"Miss Y/N, If you're looking for Master Diego he left just a few moments ago." Pogo said and I gave him a small smile, before practically running out of the academy. I started up my bike and headed over to Diego's place. I sighed and let myself in, a knife planting itself in the wall next to my face.

"What do you want?" Diego asked, his back turned.

"To keep my head, if that's not too much to ask?" I joked and he spun around, looking at me. I gave him a sad smile.
"Diego, I was a complete bitch earlier. I-"

"No, it was my fault." He interrupted.
"I knew it was too soon."

"Shut up and let me apologise." I moved towards him.
"I love you, okay? And I'm sorry. Diego, you said it, we've known each other since we were kids. We've practically been together for the past few years and if you want to get married? Let's do it."

"Y/N I- what?" He asked, narrowing his eyes.
"This isn't really-"

"Diego Hargreeves, you're an idiotic moron, but I love you." I got down on one knee and his eyes widened.
"What do you think about stopping this apocalypse and then getting married?"

"I- uh..."

"I swear to God if you don't say yes I will kick your ass." I froze as the bathroom door opened behind him and...