chapter eighteen🚸

Chapter eighteen

First of all, this part is dedicated to my mom. Thanks for your guide and mentorship. To all the realest hustlers, we will get there soonest

They were right; you know those old people that always talked about:
You deserve better than this, work hard and shame your shamers? Yes, they were totally right.

Ana's POV

I drove into the gate, after the electric gold plaited gate recognized my plate number.

In the garage, a Toyota Prado and Benz cls 550 which solely belongs to Eric's father can be seen.

Not too far from the garage, a beautiful sight of a swimming pool with crystal color that looked tempting and adorable under the sun rays

Urrggh, I should have gotten my swimming suit.

Then a red Mercedes parked at the corner, signifying that Kate was in.

Kate and I chose same colour of cars because we are basically best friends. Isn't that what best friends do?

I got out of my car, dusted out the grease on the black tight gown I wore. Clicked the remote control for the car to lock, I walked magnificently to the house.

As I entered through the lush doors, a servant walked up to me. Bowing slightly and taking my handbag from my hand. Yes, that is how trained they are.

“Goodday ma'am, I guess you are here to see madam Kate. I'm I right?" he asked politely.

“Yes, absolutely" I replied.

“Well, you are no visitor, she's in her room" he said with a smile, gesturing me to the stairs. I took my handbag from him and made my way to the stairs.

I wondered what Kate was doing and if Eric was with her. There should be no way he's in because I didn't see his car parked in the garage. I plastered a smile on my face, straightened the gown and pulled the door open.

Entering the very spacious room, the air conditioner paid homage to my skin as the hair on my skin stood straight.

The lit bulb brought out the beautiful interior. White and grey paints, a reading table at the corner with a dresser just at the side. A lamp on it with few books mostly written by Kate.

She writes exceedingly well, she has a flare for it.

The queen size bed which is not arranged because obviously, Kate has been home all day.

She was not in sight as I dropped my hand bag on the dresser.

“Katie, where are you?" I called, taking a seat on the bed.

“ Is that you best? I'm in the closet, come right in"

I stood, making my way to the walk in closet.

“ Best, I gave you an hour. You are thirty minutes late" she said as I walked in.

I tried not to roll my eyes. Kate is all about keeping time and punctuality stuffs. That's the side she took from her father.

“ I'm sorry your majesty, would you like to punish me for my misdeeds?" I winked. She giggled

“We need to talk Ana" she said sternly, drifting from the loving Kate to a worried one.

“About? Don't tell me you have finally decided to marry Charles?"

I was the only one that knew she secretly has feelings for that guy even though she has admittedly lied to me about it and hid it from the guy.

“ Don't be silly Ana, this is important. Suzy is hurt and my brother thinks your the one behind it"

“I didn't do anything to the beloved Suzy. She's too pretty and besides, I think he deserves a change" I concluded, resting on the wall.

“Well, my brother ain't believing you. Even Alice is in support"

“What shall I do then? Eric won't lock me up in prison, would he now?" I threw my hands up exasperatedly.

She stared at me unblinking, trying to form the right words.

“You will have to prove him wrong then. He's coming here in the next.... Five minutes. Jeez, time has gone" she said, looking at her watch.

I didn't flinch, Mr handsome can come anytime he wants. I had no hand in the rupturing of his beloved girlfriend soul.

I didn't realise the closet was messy until now. Clothes littered everywhere, but the shoes were arranged orderly. Ranging from trainers, heels, sandals and flip flops. At least she showed little mercy to those babies.

A pack of cigarettes on one of the shelves, a lit up cigar burning slowing with the smoke trailing swiftly to the roof top. Who says Kate can't smoke?

We left the room after she was done.

Bringing along a new book she just completed ‘Death hollows' she began telling me how the book had made waves in the past two weeks of its publish.

“How many thousands did you make for the book?" I asked as we took a seat on one of the parlour sofas.

“About one hundred thousands, for the last two weeks" she answered.

“That's good. If you can make a one hundred for just publishing a book in two weeks then I can make more in shaking my ass and walking on the runway" I joked, but part of me was serious.

Modelling work was not that easy, you will have to watch virtually everything that you eat, walk on high heels until your feet becomes sore.

You will have to meet different organisations and teach younger models when your have become very professional.

Those younger models take every little chance to insult you on the mistakes you made.

But I was never one to be insulted because when it comes to business, I mean strict business.

I was ready to fire a model if he or she doesn't behave.

We talked more about business and my next trip to Los Angeles. I was going there for modelling.

I was representing one of the most influential and professional model for Kate's father company. The man was doing me huge favour.

A servant brought food after Kate had instructed her to.

I ate slowly, while she typed away on her phone.

I wonder what is taking Eric so long, according to my watch, five minutes expired long ago.

Speaking of the devil, he barged into the room with a frown.

Not minding to return the greetings of the servants.

Kate frowned and made to speak but thought order wise.

I sat on, unaffected, but concentrating on the delicious meal before me. You can't be scared of what you don't know about.

Do me the Favor of clicking that little star at the bottom of the page and your in line comments are appreciated too... Thanks!!