chapter sixteen(part two)

Chapter sixteen(part two)
End of flashback

Eric

After Alice had told me what happened to Susanna, I couldn't sleep that night.

It began to make sense to me why she had refused to pick my calls or reply to my texts.

Stupid ex of mine had been threatening her precious life. I rolled over to the next side of the bed, sleep faraway from me.

What kind of hell would Suzy be passing through now, I needed to be there to hold her and make sure she was OK.

But I couldn't go that night neither will I go first thing in the morning. I had a very important meeting with the governor and I couldn't just cancel the plans just like that.

I was very sure the meeting would end before ten. So after that, I would rush to her place.

The next day, I got dresses, got my files and roughly got out of the house and into my car.

By the time I reached the office, the governor has not arrived yet, so I waited patiently for him and his associates.

He later arrived and we headed straight to the main topic, cutting out long pleasantries.

He talked about how he would like to build more health facilities and good roads.

He doesn't want to serve as a greedy leader. He had chosen me to draw out the plan for the job and I would be rewarded greatly.

I told him my plans briskly and we ended the meeting.

As I was about to move out, he called me and asked what was wrong. I told him I had something urgent to attend to. He then promised to call me later. I thanked him and left.

An hour later, I was driving in into Suzy compound. I saw Alice car parked near Suzy's and I joined the queue.

I knocked at the door, waiting patiently to be ushered in. Opening the door, Suzy stood looking at me. I froze at her sight.

Her face was swollen and red marks all over her body. I cursed Anastasia for doing this to her and entered in.

Alice came out of the kitchen with a bowl that contained hot water with a towel hanging around her shoulder. I figured she had slept here the previous night.

I took Suzy's hands and draw her close to me. She stared at me with no emotions and I found myself apologizing.

“I'm really sorry Suzy, please forgive me. It's all my fault" I said, trying to not allow my emotions overwhelm me.

“Stop apologizing and start thinking of what to do to that beast" Alice huffed.

I looked up at her, she placed the bowl on the table and jabs the towel into it.

The hotness steamed up as she flinched. Probably forgetting how hot the liquid is. I mouthed a sorry to her as she squeezed out the liquid from the towel and motioned for Suzy to face her.

“what are we going to do now?" I asked, Suzy looked at me with disdainful eyes. As if the question I asked was not supposed to be asked. I looked away and bowed my head.

“ Confront and jail her"
Suzy managed at last. I took my head up and looked at her. The disdain had disappeared and a warm smile plastered on her face. She probably thought she scared me to my wits with that snare.

I took her hand again and planted soft kisses on it. She watched me while Suzy was lost in her thoughts.

“I never thought Ana could do this, I know she's proud and arrogant but I didn't think she would stoop this low. You will have to confront her, teach her a lesson she wouldn't forget in a giffy. Tell your sister too. I mean, they are best friends"

The words clicked, my sister and Ana were best friends. She was the one that advised me to date Ana in the first place. Aside from that, I found her hot and beautiful. Didn't know she was a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I got angry and stood up, startling the both of them.

“I promise to avenge this Suzy, I promise."

I averted my eyes from them and looked at anywhere but them, thinking of my next move.

Suzy stood up and embraced me. I was shocked for a moment but then hugged back, Alice smiled.