chapter fifteen😷

Chapter fifteen

Susanna

I picked up my small compacted hand mirror, opening it swiftly, afraid of what might pop out.

Literally I was being dramatic, trying not to fall into depression for the rest of my life.

I wonder if my life could get anymore less than what it has for the couple of months.

I sighed, it's been a month now since Eric took me to his restaurant. The atmosphere was cozy and inviting, with smiles plastered on the face of everyone.

Sending shivers down my spine, Eric introduced me to a friend of his that came that night.

I wasn't really a part of his life. Well, at least not yet. But he was making me feel like we have known each other for ages.

Now faced with a bruised skin, I robbed my hand gently at the spot trying not to groan in pain.

The bruised area was now reddish with a knowing scar that hovers around it. I winced, remembering what had happened.

Flash back(three days ago) Monday

I had finished from the office, adjusted my skirt and walked out of the building.

As I searched for my key in my hand bag, a red Mercedes flashed it's light straight at me and drove roughly to where I stood. I felt disgusted by the driver sense of parking. What nonsense arrogance is that?

I tried to ignore the whole thing and went back to finding my key.

I know I had put it in my bag immediately I came back from a business meeting outside my office. I can't possibly forget it on my desk now, would I?

Then suddenly, the driver of the red car opened and dashed at me.

“ You worthless bitch" she spat.

I averted my eyes from my already scattered bag and looked at who was talking.

She stood there with mascara slowly running down her face, which signifies that she has probably been crying.

She wore a very short gown, a red wig, high heels with her phone in her hand. Anastasia

She stood there looking at me and I stood looking at her too.

This woman is probably my age and among the many few women whom had paved their way to the top. For her to had been with Eric means she is probably a millionaire or some sort.

“ I told you to back off Eric didn't i" she questioned.

After that night at the restaurant, Eric has been calling and texting. Telling me how he didn't really want to show off by taking me there and what his feelings were towards me. I flinched as I remembered his last text this morning.

Morning beautiful, hope you slept well, I really missed you and would like us to meet tonight. How about that?

I had repeated the text often in my head as I pondered if to give him the chance to see me or not. Until now, the text still remains unreplied.

“ I have nothing to do with your ex" I retorted.

She flinched, as if afraid of the word EX. She all of a sudden looked pale and about to burst out.

“ Stay away from Eric Suzy, don't go spoil my plans. I want him to pay for what he did to me" she said.

What plans was she talking about? I had asked Alice what really happened between them and she had said that Ana was a proud beautiful rich woman who doesn't want to accept her mistakes and just give up. Upon being wrong, Eric had practically begged her but she wouldn't have him say anything.

“ I wasn't the one who shattered glass at a club in front of everyone trying to beg her lost husband because of your ego"

She froze, probably not expecting me to say that. She was unaware that I was in the club too watching her unfold her drama as a young black African mad woman.

“ You lowliest fool, how dare you?" I looked at her in the eyes and said.

“ You are way too pretty for this kind if life. You are done with him, why don't you just quit?" I raised my hand above my head melodramatically.

I saw flicker of hurt in her eyes as she turned back and walked to her car, entering it, starting up the engine she shouted

“ I will get you for this susanna Peters, you won't go free this time"

she roared the engine to more life and drove off roughly like she drove in.

I sighed, placed my right hand on my forehead. Mimicking a nurse checking the temperature of her patient. I would probably get sick after this. I went back to searching for my car key and found it lying right beside my phone. I remember I had checked it countless times. That woman would have evoked some spirits to make me not to find the key earlier. I would have been gone before she came.

Taking in a long breadth, I opened the car, entered it and zoomed off.