chapter sixteen(part one)

Chapter sixteen (part one)

Flash back (Wednesday)

After what happened a day ago, I had decided to ignore Eric and his sentiments. I didn't tell him what happened neither did I tell Alice. I felt I could handle that small witch next time.

Not until I was coming out of a restaurant I had gone to eat lunch. As I approached my car, two young girls bounced out of nowhere and attacked me. Beating and punching me all at once. I couldn't fight back, I was powerless. I couldn't fight two straight out bitches all alone, could I now?

When they were satisfied, they left my there to probably die alone. Stupid Nigerian people just stood there watching me as I stood up and entered my car.

I managed with the little strength I had, I started the engine and zoomed out of the place. I didn't know what to do. I decided to go to the hospital and get myself fixed first.

After two hours, I was out of the hospital with a bandage near my eye. The anger in me aroused as I looked at myself in the side mirror. What if these people would have damaged my eye, all because of a guy I wasn't even in to. I knew this was all the works of Anastasia.

I drove straight to my house and called Alice to come over.

She came over after like four hours I called her. She had apologized and complained about traffic and work. I wasn't interested in her excuses. I turned on the light in my sitting room as she gasped. Grabbing my face in her hands. 

“who did this to you?" she asked, looking all over my body and still holding my face. I sighed, turned away from her and slouched on my couch.

“ Stupid Anastasia" I mumbled. She frowned, sat next to me.

“ Anastasia, how come?" she asked.

I narrated the whole story, starting from where she met me on my way out of my office. Alice was obviously angered. She clenched her fist and for a moment, I thought I had never seen my friend like that.

“ Does Eric know?" she managed. I shook my head and fixed my eye on the TV not wanting to see her enrage.

She picked up her phone and dialed away. I didn't stop her, Eric has the right to know. He had harboured a wild beast in his closet all along calling her his girlfriend or whatever they called each other.

“ This is totally insane" I heard Eric say from the other end of the receiver. After a minute, Alice dropped the phone and faced me.

“ He said he would be here tomorrow by 10am" she said.

Jeez, he even wants to keep to time, how matured. I thought sarcastically. I placed my head on my best friend lap as she stroke my head. Swiftly, I fell asleep.