chapter seventeen🐩

Chapter seventeen

There's no beautiful thing than being happy and healthy. Life is too short to waste on unworthy things.

Anastasia pov

Three days later.

I have been accused of something I really know nothing about. I know I'm the type of person that gets what she wants but I can't stoop that low, I can't even think of hurting a girl over a guy.

That's how high my reputation is.

Eric has accused me of sending gangs to beat up his ever so loving susanna.

I entered my room, kicked off my shoes and lay flat on the bed.

My mind drifted to thinking. How was I supposed to meet Emeka tonight, he's been the one feeding me with so much lies about Eric and Susanna but it seems the poor thing doesn't even know Suzy is not really into Eric.

Even if she was, I still don't care anymore.

I sighed, turned to the other side of the bed, bringing my hands to my stomach. I realised I was hungry.

I have not eaten anything meaningful since today except tea and bread or bread and tea. How stupid does that sound? As I thought about a good place to go, my phone rang. Startling me.

I stood up, went to my hand bag and picked it up. Emeka was calling, why was he calling now? If it was for the meeting, I will most definitely make sure to deny him the access.

I starred down at my phone as the call came again. I picked it up and placed it on loud speaker.

“hello beautiful, remember our date tonight?" I shrieked at his voice, very gruesome and boring.

“ What date are you talking about" I faked.

“ Hahaha beautiful, you tease me to the core. Don't let me remind you we have some important issues to discuss about tonight. Failure of you coming will have consequences. You hear that?" he growled

I wasn't scared of whatever he was up to or going to do. I have known him for quite sometimes now and he happens not to be the very fearful type of human I have met. I have met worst.

“ I am not coming, and there's nothing you can do about it" I retorted, trying to cut the call.

Before I could end, I heard a very terrifying laugh from him which made my heart jump into my hands literally.

After ending the call, I decided to take a shower and get dressed to go out and eat. Until my phone rang again.

Auurrrgh, this people will never let me be. I peeked at the caller ID swearing not to answer if it's not someone important. But then my best friend name popped up. Her name displaying magnificently on the screen with her beautiful smiling picture. Kate

A smile crept onto my lips as I picked up the phone, pressing the receive with eagerness.

“ hey, best best" I was the first to speak.

“ hey love, where are you?" she asked

“ my home but will be leaving soon"

“ maybe you should come over to my side, there's something important we need to discuss. Have Eric called you lately?" she asked, sounding worried.

“ Yes, about me beating up his new wifey" I rolled my eyes, the happiness of talking to her slowly dropping to zero.

“ okay, just come over. See you then love, I give you an hour" she said and ended the call.

What was wrong Now? Why would my ever cheerful Kate sound so dull and worried. I hurriedly entered the bathroom, taking my shower and getting dressed.

This is the first time Anastasia is coming to view with her own side of the story. What do you think?
I hope you enjoyed this part.

Don't forget to go back and read the changes I have made in the first five chapters.
Lots of love to you all