chapter eight🍻

You can't rule your world alone without a crazy person sticking up your butt......

Chapter eight

I couldn't get my mind off the whole scenario that took place at Alice party. She had called me four times to make sure I was fine, and each time I tried my best to convince her that I really was good and that she doesn't have to worry. But being a good friend, she has refused to admit.

She decided to fix a girls time where we would just go out and have fun. And unfortunately for me, that day was tonight. We were going to Amigos bar, the most popular club in town.

I had finished early from the office because I needed to go back home and change into a more ‘fit for the night' attire. I think trying to over dress and get all doll up is just pathetic. I mean, why don't you just wear any cloth you have and go to wherever?. Why different clothes for different occasions?  I know my life sucks, you can tell me that. But don't blame me, that was the way I was raised from childhood.

I had instructed my secretary on what to do if any thing comes up, picked some documents just in case I get a little time alone. The clock read 5:30pm, I entered my car and zoomed off on my way to my house.

I only have about an hour to get dressed. As I unlocked the door to my house, I noticed a letter kept neatly by the side. I took it, entered my house. I dropped my key and the letter at the centre table and entered my room to shower. I decided to take my time to shower because I had a very long day at work, I needed the hot water to run through my spine and awaken every weak bones.

Few minutes later, I was done with both shower and dressing. I found a black leather skirt with the matching top placed neatly by the side of my wardrobe, I decided it was good taste for a club. I didn't need to put on any make up, I didn't like the moisturising effects it gives, so I barely wore it.

I was done and ready to go, I went to my sitting room to get my keys when I saw the letter, I decided to open it when I come back since I was running late

I was done and ready to go, I went to my sitting room to get my keys when I saw the letter, I decided to open it when I come back since I was running late. ‘you don't want to be late for a girls night out, Huh?' I asked myself as I grabbed my keys and left the house locking the door behind.

The blasting of music filled the air, a romantic scent of alcohol was the first thing to greet me as I stepped my foot in the club. It was a Friday night so the club was full. Different people were seen dancing, the town movers, more or less known as the money makers were seen at the corner of the building.  I spotted Alice as she was waiting patiently for me with a glass in front of her.

“ Drinking already without me? " I asked as she turned around with a dull face but realising it was me, she brightens up.

“ Crazy bish. First of all, you are late, secondly you look really hooootttt" she shouted, looking me over. I smiled and take my seat next to her.

“ Where did you get that skirt and the top?" she asked as I got settled.

“My wardrobe, been laying there the whole year" I shouted amidst the blasting music. She laughed

“It suits you " she said

“Thanks! "

I watch her order me a drink and I drank the first in one gulp. I have a habit of doing that, I believe that it clears the stomach and makes way for more drinks. We ordered more and more, drinking and laughing, swerving to the music and watching people around.

After five shots, I was a bit tipsy and I could see she was too.

“ Let's go dance" she shouted.

I laughed, does she know me at all? How the hell would she think I can dance. As if hearing my thoughts, she dragged my hand to the dance floor. Immediately we got to the dance floor, Big Sean in ‘ I don't fuck with you ' came blasting through the speakers. Everybody shouted and began singing along, shouting on top of their voices and having a good time.

After dancing, we got hit by three guys but we turn them all down. I started laughing at a joke Alice said about her first time in the club.

“Girl" she began

“I was fucking 19 at that time, after I had taken a few shots, I couldn't tell if I was very drunk but I was hella tipsy. I got hit by a guy and I accepted. We first of all dance, damn! I was an assy dancer. The guy pretended I was the best and when he started with his jelly sweet talks. Guess what? I pewked on his trousers"

I laughed my ass off, feeling sorry for the guy.

“ I just pitied his sorry Ass because he didn't realise it was my first time "

I laughed on, hitting the table hard, I knew how first times usually was. Mine was no different,  I got home, instead of sleeping at least on the porch, I slept beside my car.

We took few more shots, that was when the alcohol started hitting. The whole place was turning, I couldn't see straight. I watched the time, past twelve. A third guy hit on Alice and this time, she accepted. She left me alone after I practically begged her and reminded her that it was girls night, nothing more than that but she refused.

I felt lonely and I knew I was pretty drunk. The bar man came along and asked him about my bills, he asked if it was for just I or me and my friend. I decided to pay both bills.

“ You can't drive like that " a voice behind me said.

I turned around, I know I was hella drunk but I could remember faces right? It was him, the Eric guy. Why does he always seems to pop up whenever I'm in my worst self.

“ Watch me" I deadpanned. He just smirked and for this time, I hated it. Was he testing me or what? I mean, I'm pretty drunk.

“ You really can't, you are way too wasted" he said, sitting beside me.

“ Look who's calling me wasted" I laughed sarcastically. Okay guys, I'm really drunk, I can't even make sense.

“ You're too bossy and proud, why don't you just let go?" he asked.

“of what, you?" oops that came out really wrong. I covered my mouth and was ready to get my stuffs and leave.

“ let me drive you, I will also see that Alice gets home safe" he said, motioning me to stop as he searches for Alice through the crowd. I sat down there, contemplating on whether to leave or just stay. Oh gosh, my stupidity will be the death of me.
He came back but there was no Alice. As I was about asking, he went first.

“ she's already taken, I made the guy swore he would take her home safely" I giggled,  he looked at me quizzically.

“ common let me take you home" he grabbed my arm as we pushed through the crowd. It was past midnight and the place was still bustling with people. We got to his car. Wait! what?? His car, what the hell happened to mine???. He opens the passenger seat, I just stood there watching him.

“ Go in"

“why should I?" I asked tiredly.

“ because I will be your driver tonight"

“ What happened to my car? and why do you think I will tell you where I live” I questioned. He rubbed the back of his head in frustration.

“ You are very drunk, I will make sure your car is in your compound before tomorrow morning and you will have to tell me your place. I don't want to push this" Realising his mind was made up, I gave in.

“ fine” I muttered.