14. Blood soaked hands

Start from the beginning

"Come here I'll help you up" he motioned over to a old ladder. "Here put your feet here" he said pointing at the wood "and hold here and I'll help you"After a little bit of struggle we managed to get up.

"Tell me if you get to scared okay?" Carl said I nodded my head.

I was absolutely terrified. What if the boy saw my face and told Shane. Or even worse, daddy. Carl sensed my distress and placed his cowboy hat on my head with a soft smile.

"It will make you feel safe since you forgot yours. Don't talk to him okay.. I don't want to get you in deep trouble if we're caught. Your only little."

I nodded and smiled at him. He then took hold of my little hand in his and we silently crept into the top level of the little barn. We were being really quiet, I bet daddy would be proud. Maybe I could help him with hunting now! We crept over to a bed and sat on it while staring at the boy.

He was all bloody and had loads a cuts on his face. Is this what daddy's job was. Did he know the boy was hurt? Why didn't he help him get better?

"Hey. That's a sweet hat" the boy said to me. I kept quiet like Carl told me to. Not uttering a single word.

"I'm Randall. What's your names?" When we didn't reply he carried on. "The sherif guy that's your dad?" He said to Carl "I like him. Yeah, hes a good guy I can tell. Your mom out here too? Your lucky you still got your family. I lost mine."

"So did I" I said back earning a nudge from Carl.

"Hey, I don't know what people been sayin bout me, but I didn't do nothing. I swear. You dad was gonna let me go till his friend started fighting with him"

I just looked at Carl unsure of what to do. He signalled with his hand to stay put so I did. He started to make his way down and it made me nervous.

"My camp, we got lots of supplies."

"Even eggys?" I asked earning another glare from Carl.

"Yeah, sure even eggys. You two help me I'll take you and your folks back to my people."

By now Carl was stood infront of Randall and was inching his way towards him.

"Well take good care of you. Keep you safe. Just gotta... just gotta help me get out of here, okay? Just help me pick the locks or find the key okay?"

"Shh Your beings loud. We're gonna getted shouted ats" I hissed

"Come on, please? Please?" He shouted

Then all of a sudden the door burst open and in stomped a very angry Shane. He grabbed Carl by the arm and dragged him out while yelling at Randall.

"What the hell you doing in here? What did you say to him? What did you say huh!"

He yelled pulling a gun on Randall and putting it in his mouth. I whimpered out of fright and Carl quickly and carefully got me down and held me in his arms muttering a sorry that we got caught. Andrea started to yell at Shane and he finally backed off. Carl put me down but stood in-front of me with a hand on my back. Shane turned around and glared at both me and Carl. I now had hot tears gliding down my face.