Page Sixty-One; The Happiest Place in Maroh

It was two days before the Maroh Leagues, and the four trainers finally arrived in Zafiro Town, a central city in the Maroh Region, and where the League battles took place every year. "It's nice we're arriving a couple days early. We've got some time to explorer the city before the event starts. What should we do first?" Jordan asked. "I know!" Logan smiled, excitedly. "What?" 

"We have to go to PokeWorld!" Brooke gasped, excitedly. She had always wanted to go to the infamous amusement park, but her father was always too busy with the gym and league business, and they never had the time. She loved the movies produced by PokeWorld studios, and would watch them with her brother all the time growing up, and they'd sing along to all the songs. "Yes! We have to! Can we? Can we?" 

"Brooke, you have a lot of preparing to do..." Charles reminded her. "Come on, we've been preparing for the league since Brooke beat her father. We deserve one afternoon and night off. My Ranger friends and I went when we were stationed here for training, and it was a great bonding experience." Jordan smiled. "All right, I suppose. So long as you make up for it tomorrow." 

"Of course!" Brooke squealed happily. "How do we get there, Mr. Pokemon Ranger Cadet?" She turned to Jordan. "All right! Single file, let's not get lost." Jordan grinned as they hopped on a decorated bus headed for the theme park. With each moment, Brooke and Logan got more and more excited, recounting lines and songs from their favorite movies. She looked out of the corner of her eye and saw Charles wasn't getting excited. "Come on, Charlie! Don't you like PokeWorld Studios Movies, too?" 

"I never watched them growing up." They all stared at him, shocked. "What?" 

"Have you at least SEEN them?" 

"A few." He shrugged. When none of them replied, he raised an eyebrow. "You all do remember what my life was like growing up, don't you? I read the original myths and stories, I never saw the movies." He added as the bus stopped and they filed off, heading towards the lines. "Okay! Spa night, we're sitting down and having a marathon!" Logan declared. "Spa night?" Jordan repeated, confused. "Oh! That's right! You left before we started doing them. The night before all my big gym battles, Logan and I would do a spa night to relax. He'd mix up a face-mask formula, we'd paint nails, talk, and watch TV and movies." Brooke explained. "And this time, Jordan and Charles will be there!" Logan clapped his hands excitedly. "I don't think so, Logan, this is a bigger deal, we shouldn't waste time--" 

"I wasn't asking, Charles." Logan shot him a death glare. "Besides, proper self-care is never a waste of time. Who knows, a high-strung nerd like you may even relax a little." Logan teased and Charles scowled. 

"Are you competing in the league?" The employee at the front of the line asked them. She was pointing to a registration tag hanging off Brooke's belt. "I am!" 

"Oh! Maroh League competitors get in for free! Please enjoy!" She smiled at them and they walked through the gates. Brooke's, and Logan's eyes were practically sparkling. "Come on, Charlie! We're going to show you that you'll love it here!" 

"We are adults, don't you feel a little out of place?"

"The magic of PokeWorld is for all ages. Now, come on!" Brooke laughed and pulled him along as they made their way into the park. 

They walked along and found a part of the park that was less crowded, and got lunch from a quick-service joint and sat outside, enjoying the warm weather. Suddenly, a pokeball from Brooke's belt opened and Sophia popped out. "Ah! Goodness, Sophia, don't do that! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" It didn't seem like her Floatzel was listening to her, and she ran off to another table. "H-Hey! Sophia! Wait up!" She ran after her to find her growling at another trainer sitting with his friends at another table. Her eyes were dangerous, and her slick fur was standing on end. "Hey! Girl, is this your floatzel!?"