Page Fifty-Six; Tamsa (Part Two)

Noon came and Brooke and her friends were climbing up to the observatory gym for the second time. "You're ready this time, Brooke?" Logan asked as they neared the doors. Brooke had a serious look on her face. "I'm ready. Tamsa won't beat me so easily this time." Her friends smiled. "Then let's go." Brooke pushed the doors open, and when they were shut behind her they were shrouded in darkness again. "So." A voice echoed in the observatory as the stadium lights turned on. "You've decided to come back despite what I said, huh? Let's get this over with." 

"Watch it, Tamsa! I won't lose this time." Brooke glared from the other side of the field. "We'll see." 

"This will be a four-on-four battle between the gym leader, Tamsa, gym leader of Nebulosa Town, and Brooklyn Areca of Playa Town. The battle will end when one side is out of able pokemon. There are no substitutions allowed, and only the challenger may use items. Tamsa, choose your first pokemon." 

"Looks like we're in for the second act, Cacturne. You know what to do." She released the grass and dark type pokemon again. Brooke threw out her next pokeball. "Let's go, Oshima!" 

"Your Typhlosion? Again? I thought you said you were more prepared for this battle, but it turns out you're using the same old tricks again." Tamsa said, sounding bored. "Battle, begin!" 

"Spikes, Cacturne." 

"Blast burn, Oshima!" It was a super effective hit. "Needle arm, Cacturne." Oshima was hit back, but he landed on his feet. "Great work, Oshima! Now, rock slide!" Rocks materialized from the air and landed all around Cacturne. Cacturne was trapped. "Use needle arm to break through and attack." 

"Smokescreen, Oshima!" Just as Cacturne was fighting their way out of the stones, a huge cloud of smoke covered the battlefield and Cacturne could no longer see Oshima. "Blast burn from in the smoke! Finish them!" Oshima sent the powerful attack towards Cacturne, and there was nothing they could do. Cacturne fell over, fainted and the smoke began to clear. "Lucky shots. But we both know who's coming next. Let's go, Sableye." 

"Okay, Oshima! Rock slide!" 

"Power gem." It was super effective against Oshima and he cringed at the critical hit. "You okay, Oshima?" 

"Typphhlo." 

"Good. Blast burn!" 

"Power gem again." 

"Rock slide, Oshima!" 

"Power gem, one last time." Oshima was sent flying back to Brooke's feet, fainted. Brooke took a deep breath, she knew she would lose Oshima against Sableye again, and that was the price they both were willing to pay to get past Cacturne. She returned him to his pokeball. "Great job, Oshima. You fought great." She threw out her next pokeball. "Come on, Cooper!" She threw him out and he roared heartily. Although, he didn't have his mega stone on. Brooke didn't want Tamsa to know she could use that just yet. "Huh, a Salamence. Looks like you are mixing things up from last time." 

"Darn right! Let's hit it off, Cooper! Aerial Ace!" Cooper's wings turned white, and with incredible speed he attacked Sabelye, sending it flying. "Now, turn around with dragon claw!" 

"Shadow ball, Sableye." It hit Cooper before he could reach Sableye, and set him off coarse. "Try and try again, Cooper!" 

"RRAAAHH!" Cooper got fired up and attacked Sabelye several times with dragon claw. "All right!" 

"Huh. So much more power..." Tamsa mumbled to herself as she watched Cooper and Brooklyn from across the stadium. "Zen Headbutt, Sableye!" While Cooepr was still in range, Sabeleye hit him. "Keep your cool, Cooper! One more aerial ace!" The attack sliced Sableye and he teetered a minute before falling over. Cooper landed in front of Brooke, getting tired, but ready for the next opponent. "Since you're changing things up, I may as well." She tossed out her next pokemon. "Go, Bisharp!"