Page Forty-Five; An Atrocious Pokemon on the Loose!

Brooke was pumped and ready to go for the second round of battling on the cruise. Emil and his sister, Amanda had joined them on the cruise since the wedding was at the end of this whole thing. 

"Allllriiight! Is everyone ready for the second round of battling!?" The announcer called out and everyone cheered excitedly. "Okay then! Let's take a look at today's match-ups! Starting off today, we have Vanessa against Percy! Then, there's Logan versus Riley! Brooke against Theodore! And last, Michael against Charlotte." 

Vanessa pushed past Brooke as she made her way up to the battlefield and Brooke glared at her, wishing her bad luck in the battle. But, unfortunately for her, Vanessa was the victor with a Milotic against Percy's espeon. 

Up next was Logan against his little sister, Riley. Riley released a Sylveon named Millie and Logan released Pyrois. It was a tough battle between them, but Logan was ultimately the winner. However, there was no doubt that after training and a journey, Riley would make a great fairy type gym leader. 

Brooke was up next against Theodore. She stood across the field from him and readied her next pokemon. "Trainers, are you ready?" They nodded. "Then release your pokemon!" Theodore threw out a Growlithe and Brooke smiled. She knew how to fight a Growlithe. She released her pokemon. "Come on, Gawain!" Her Kirlia stood, ready for battle. "Battle, begin!" 

"Gawain! Use calm mind." 

"Growlithe, use Crunch!" The foe's growlithe raced forward and chomped down on Gawain. "Psychic!" The growlithe was pried off Gawain and thrown all the way across the field. "Nice job! Now confusion!" 

"Growlithe! Use Flamethrower!" 

"Confusion again!" It was a hit and the Growlithe became confused. "Yes! Nice job, Gawain! Now Psychic! One last time!" It was a direct hit and the Growlithe was down. "Yeah! We did it, Gawain!" 

"Kirrla!" He was proud of himself. Brooke gave him a fist bump and returned him to his pokeball. 

The next match between Michael and Charlotte was a longer on. It ended with Michael as the winner with his Tirtuga, against Charlotte and her daytime Lycanroc. 

Brooke went back to the room and went straight to the phones. She knew the number by heart and dialed it in. It rang up a few times before his face appeared on the screen. "Brookie!" 

"Hey, Jordan! Long time no see!" 

"How are you? How is everyone?" 

"We're all great! How are you? And your classes?" Jordan smiled. "I'm great. Everything's great. I was just out with some friends last night, so I'm a little tired today." 

"You're not staying out too late, are you?"

"No, mom." Jordan teased and she rolled her eyes. "Very funny." 

"So, tell me everything! What have I missed since I left?" 

"Ooo! Well, remember Logan's shiny delcatty, Camilla?" 

"Yeah." 

"Well, she and Solomon are in love! It's so cute! And Orval and Ophelia have evolved. And Logan caught a Braviary he rescued and named him Mulligan." 

"Wow! That's so much! Too bad I can't be there to meet him. And that reminds me! I have some new updates with my team, too." 

"Really!? What are they?" 

"Ryder and Rip have evolved!" Jordan smiled proudly. "Really!? Cooper and Oshima will be so happy for them! It's hard to believe that Cooper and Ryder were training buddies not too long ago."