Page Two; Team Sapphire!

Two days later Brooklyn woke up in her bed with Lukas draped over her feet. Not caring if she woke him up she pulled her legs out from under him and went to go get dressed for the day. When she got downstairs she saw her father and brother eating their breakfast in front of the TV. "Morning, Brooke! Did you sleep well last night?" She nodded "I did! I'm headed to the pokemon lab with Jordan, so I'll be back in a bit." 

"Be safe! Say hello to the professor for me!" He called to her as she headed out the door "Will do!" She shut the door behind her with Lukas perched on her shoulder. Jordan was standing there with Titus by his feet and a Staravia on his arm. 

Brooke smiled at the flying type pokemon and it smiled back at her happily. "Who's this guy?" 

"This is Hugo! I caught him a while ago when he was just a little Starly!" 

"He's a little cutie!" They started walking to the lab. "Do you like Playa town?" She asked him and he nodded "I do! This city is so pretty! But I'm excited to see the rest of Maroh soon!" She cocked her head "What do you mean?" 

"Oh, did your dad not tell you? I'm leaving for my journey soon." 

"What!? But Jordan, I just got here!" 

"I know, I know, but Mom says that this is the best time to go." 

"When are you leaving?" 

"Week and a half." she pouted "Aww man! That's so soon!" 

They arrived at the lab to see caution tape blocking off the perimeter, saying construction was happening inside. "Did the professor tell you about this?" Jordan shook his head 'no' in reply and narrowed his eyebrows "He would've told me if something was happening in there. Even if it was short notice he knew we were coming so he would've called." 

Suddenly a large crash sounded from inside, along with some shouting, causing the hair on the back of her neck to stand on end. Brooke and Jordan exchanged a glance and both hopped the tape and rushed through the sliding doors. 

The professor was being held back by two men in odd blue suits. Their jackets were a chilling blue and matched their pants, they had designs of white snowflakes on the cuffs and a white S on their chest, along with clean white gloves and dark blue loafers. There were also some women dressed in expensive, short, light blue dresses with an open shoulder and the same exact S on the front, high light blue fashion boots, a bright blue necklace, and elbow-length light blue gloves with a snowflake pattern on the back. 

"You'll never get away with this!" The professor shouted to a woman tossing a pokeball up and down in her hands. She had pale skin, light blue shoulder length hair, gray-blue eyes, and wore a short icy blue dress with fur cuffs on the sleeves, hem, and collar along with blue fashion boots that faded to white in the middle. "Oh, but I have, professor." Her voice had an icy silkiness to it that sent chills down Brooklyn's spine. 

No one noticed that the two teenagers had barged in until Jordan shouted "Hey what are you all doing?" They all turned to them, if they tried to battle they'd be outnumbered. "Why, getting some new pokemon, what does it look like?" She replied in a matter-of-fact tone. "You give those pokemon back right now!" 

"Or what, you two puny little runts will try to battle us?" She scoffed and some of the grunts snickered maniacally "Who are you anyway?" Brooke asked them and the eyes turned to her. "Oh pardon me for not introducing ourselves, I am Rose, and we are all a part of Team Sapphire. We believe that all pokemon should belong to those who truly deserve them, the richer, higher class people who can afford to have their pokemon trained properly." She looked them both over, a twisted smirk painted on her face. "I doubt you two would understand what I'm talking about."